Why not back door the Broker

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by freight-time, Nov 17, 2015.

1. freight-time

freight-time Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    As an independent why should we not just back door the broker,and cut them all the way out ,and just negotiate with the shipper ???

6wheeler Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Don't get caught.

Cottonmouth85 Thanks this.
  4. zinita17601

zinita17601 Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    lancaster pa
    I live next to two big shippers(alcoa and firestone)both big accounts for landstar and mercer plus few small shippers,the first problem i run into is im too small to get freight from the big guys and the second problem is availabilty:i got a few calls from a ruber belt company paying good money for a short haul but im always a day drive from pick up and customer wanted his freight to move yesterday.i dont have the manpower nor the capital to get more equipment and start a brokerage company.

5. freight-time

Nov 5, 2015
    I hear you.Maybe they are not the shippers you need to look at. Just over the last few days I have had some time off ,and I started riding looking for shippers in my area .Man you will be surprised with what may be within a 10 -20 radius of were you live. I just have found three potential customers last week.We just have to ask the right questions. Think about ,your just like landstar,and the rest just smaller.I think when it comes to the shipper using brokers they would rather get a carrier that they can trust .Go on the brokers forums, and learn their language.

6. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
  7. freight-time

Nov 5, 2015
    I read it .It always seems to be a law,or clause to stop the little man from growing.If I really found a shipper to haul for I would just find a loop hole .....ie,new ein,tax I'd ,new authority,create dba,need I go own....

6wheeler Thanks this.
  8. zinita17601

zinita17601 Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    lancaster pa
    The problem is finding backhauls that pay enough and gets u back to where these customers are since most small shippers wont pay round trip rates for their outbound freight plus load frequency to keep u rolling and generating revenue.lot of small carriers have a seperate brokerage division they cover what they can with their own trucks and broker the rest to outside carriers

freight-time Thanks this.
  9. DMH

DMH Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Have a friend that picked lots of work by doing this. Lots of people are looking for small reliable outfits to haul their stuff. Some big companies will put you on their e-mail list for their loads and some want nothing to do with the small guy.

10. freight-time

Nov 5, 2015

11. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    Alot of brokers deserve to be back doored. Dry

That is all from me.

freight-time Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.