Why the lack of information?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Gentlemanfarmer, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Gentlemanfarmer

Gentlemanfarmer Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Greenville, FL
    When it comes to posting loads to load boards (Getloaded, Interstate Trucker, etc), why do so many brokers not put all the information concerning the load. Information like the rate, size of tarps, weight. Especially the rate. Wouldn't it be easier on you and the carrier if you posted the rate and reduced the amount of phone calls, just to be hung up on or laughed at? And why is it so hard to remove booked loads from the board? Half the time when we call to book a load, we are told it is gone. If it is gone, remove it promptly.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Stop calling on the loads posted by a certain 3 letter brokerage ...

Generally if the rate is posted for the load it is low paying and out of a bad market.

4. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    You mean CHR?
    Or anything involving LJ?

Ruthless Thanks this.
  5. skman

skman Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    I agree...if a load is gone take it down. And it would be handy if they'd post the rate. But then they wouldn't be able to screw people when they ask the question "What will you move it for driver?" (Hoping that you'll be less than they're willing to pay...keeping more money in their pockets).

spectacle13 Thanks this.
  6. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    No, CHR has never done wrong by me. They seem to be decent about their postings also. I was referring to a certain brokerage that will list one load every which way except for where it actually picks up and delivers, then leave the post up in hopes someone will call in and move it for less so they can back out of the first truck they booked. If you catch my drift ...lol

7. skman

skman Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    Sounds like TQL. I haven't hauled for them yet but have called on a couple of their loads. Exactly like you said. The pickup AND destination were different than listed...and would have added over 100 miles to the distance they had listed the load at. Which was already too cheap. Lol

mc8541ss Thanks this.
  8. stevez57305

stevez57305 Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Florida
    You 500 ok booked 5 mins later driver a 400. Broker calls you the load was cancelled

9. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    5 minutes would be a blessing (still BS, but a blessing). They DON'T call within 5 minutes though...more like 50 miles later.
    50 miles = 10 gallons of fuel (@ 5 mpg---just to make it simple), then 10 gallons of fuel (@ $3.00 a gallon---just to make it simple) adds up to about $30.00 wasted AND may have sent you in the opposite direction of the load you might actually pick up (so double that fuel loss).

Brokers stink! That example I gave above has happened to me more than once. So not only are these greedy brokers (that the industry doesn't even need) taking more than their fair share off the top of the ACTUAL revenue AND fuels surcharge---they are screwing us out of fuel by cancelling loads after you've already headed to it, so they can keep even MORE.

10. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I like to call the shipper and ask them if it was really cancelled. Tell them what was done to you. I don't work with TQL anymore because of this. Good riddance.

11. Cummimgs Trucking LLC

Cummimgs Trucking LLC Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2015
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    Exactly

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.