Wife of a driver.....

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by kelbugger, Jan 1, 2016.

1. kelbugger

kelbugger Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2015
    My husband starts driving for Walmart on Jan. 11 th... Can some one answer my questions about the insurance?
    1. What is the name of the insurance?
    2. How will does the dental pay?
    3. I realize pay is every two weeks, when does the next pay period start?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    The beginning of the pay period will be the 9th, and will run through 10:00pm on the 22nd, and payday will be on the 28th. Then every two weeks after that.

Your husband will get information on the insurance at orientation when the choices have to be made. When he got his final offer, they would have gone over the basics of the insurance. It is not the same everywhere, which is why I can't tell you what he will have available. There are always 2-3 different plans available. There are also choices on dental coverage. The nice thing is, the dental has free maintenance such as cleanings and I believe it is a set of X-rays a year.

You will have to make a lot of insurance decisions. Not only for health insurance and dental, but also if you want vision coverage, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, etc. The biggie is long term disability insurance. Walmart provides short term disability insurance for the drivers.

Sorry I can't tell you more on the insurance, but it isn't the same everywhere. The nice thing is, the coverage starts when he does, so there is no waiting period like with most employers.

Welcome to the family. :)

kelbugger Thanks this.
  4. kelbugger

kelbugger Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Does he get paid for orientation? And week of drive/training? If so, is the pay decent?

5. demi

demi Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Cheyenne, WY
    Yes/yes. Orientation week is 14 an hour. Training week is regular pay.

6. gregsmith7467

gregsmith7467 Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Grottoes,VA
    I just finished the class orientation week and for 5 days was $700

7. gregsmith7467

gregsmith7467 Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Grottoes,VA
    I think for week of drive training you make just like you will on your own based on what you do

8. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    That is correct.

9. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Ok, I'll be the smart arse here.. Why are you asking on the open board when "hubby" should of been told this when he accepted the job. Plus my understanding they are not supposed to be talking about pay and things in the open.. Or is that just a rumor I have heard.
    Anyhow good luck to him on the new job...
    And ask your hubby these questions.....or is he hiding things from you????

10. kelbugger

kelbugger Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Hubby had not been told this. They were supposed to email all info last week, hasnt come yet.

11. noninetofive

noninetofive Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Hiram Ga
    Dude, how can you be so dumb? Did you read her original post? She says he starts on the 11th of January. These are things that are covered in orientation so he would not have been told these things when he got offered the job. But what else are we to expect - you go by rumors that you've heard!!!

This is why you start a discussion, to gain information - but if you're "just passing through" it seems appropriate to fly by, throw gas out the window, and watch it burn, right?

TomOfTx Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.