Wifi at service centers?

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by Charlyb715, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Charlyb715

Charlyb715 Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2015
    I was wondering if Averitt has wifi at the service centers that is able to be picked up from the trucks? It would be nice to not have to burn up my data using my hotspot if I'm 10ing at the yard.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Simms

Simms Bobtail Member

May 22, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Typically you have to be near the WiFi router for a good signal. Which means inside at the driver support center.

Wifi is currently at KNX, NAS, FUL, DAL and TIF. Those are the ones I know about.

But I do know if you park next to the shop in KNX bobtail, next to the lounge you can get a fairly good signal in your truck.

Verizon has a deal right now called the verizon plan

100 bucks a month for unlimited talk/text and 18gigs plus you get a 19% discount for being with averitt. Just show your badge

4. Charlyb715

Oct 5, 2015
    I've got 20gig on my att plan which I still get a 22% discount through Halliburton. On the other hand I also have a teenage daughter who is addicted YouTube and can burn some data up on our family plan. Was hoping to connect to some wifi and get in a little tv via Hulu while 10ing in the yard.

5. Simms

Simms Bobtail Member

May 22, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    If you plan on streaming I would for sure go inside near the router to prevent lag.

Oh also JMS just got wifi last week, I knew I was forgetting one lol.

6. Jeepman1

Jeepman1 Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2009
    FLORIDA
    You have to be parked close to the bldg. and just right. There is no reason why they cannot boost the signal except that they don't want outsiders to log on.

7. Charlyb715

Oct 5, 2015
    It's password protected so that isn't that big of an issue. Heck I was at the Dallas SVC last Sunday and Monday trying to get into a truck without issues and couldn't even find anyone that knew the password. Had to burn my data just to pass the time watching Hulu. Would have been nice to watch from the truck on wifi till I got a new truck assigned.

8. Simms

Simms Bobtail Member

May 22, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    I was in Nashville this week, parked west of the shop, where the single line of bobtail park and got a great signal.

9. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    I'm not going to say it here, but if I remember correctly Charlyb, the password is the same (or should be) for every SC that has wifi. If it's not, then send a qualcomm msg to dispatch and they should be able to tell you what it is.

chopper103in Thanks this.
  10. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    he has it now

Nukem Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.