wil-trans

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by bubbasdk, Aug 19, 2007.

1. trkr-jb

trkr-jb Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2015
    I was with wil-trans and its school for refresher course June 2014. Its a great company, the training is excellent and the training from Dseat up to A seat doesn't take that long. I started my orentaion in July and came September 1st I was already rolling as a solo driver. Granted wil-trans rarely go west of Oklahoma with solo drivers but count on running thru the northeastern region. I haven't driven in Vermont nor new Hampshire but its great routes. I left wil-trans in Feb.2015 to persue flatbedding with tmc on a ded. Acct. But that was lies and the trucking jobs in tx are temporary so it wasn't worth the hassle of resubmitting applications every 3-6 months. Im going back over the road with wil-trans next Tuesday after being outta work for 2 months and living of the money I saved up. But of course that was when I was making about 36 CPM plus fuel bonus. Now I'm told they pay about 45cpm with fuel bonus.

Wil-trans isnt connected to prime inc in any fashion except the use of its facilities, maintenance (ie: tires, reefer, trailers) truck wash, and of course freight. Everything else company wise is up the street in strafford. Plus when your out otr and u need vehicle service going to a ta to get the truck fix u gotta specify that "new prime" is who the service is to be filed under.

When your out otr dont count on ever driving by the company unless you have business to settle. But other than that u will be out and about driving thru the same states. Which isn't bad once u find ur fave truck stop.
    I love the ta in effingham illinois simply bcuz theres 5 ts in the area, plenty of parking and choices to go eat.
    I'm ready to get back otr. BTW there's a 10k bonus if u stay with them for 5 years accident free, and 0 late loads (ones that are presumed to be driver error)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bangkok Bill

Bangkok Bill Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2016
    No posts since Apr 23, 2015?
    How about an update trkr-jb?
    How did it work out? Are you still with them?
    Anyone else have any updated info on Wil-Trans?
    Any info will be appreciated!

4. Road Warrior... 1

Road Warrior... 1 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2018
    Nope Wil Tran is independently owned. They do haul trailers for Prime.

5. Road Warrior... 1

Road Warrior... 1 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2018
    B. S... .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.