wil-trans

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by bubbasdk, Aug 19, 2007.

1. ky wildcat 4ever

ky wildcat 4ever Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Somerset KY
    I cant answer for sure on there training but i have heard that you have to sign a contractfor 15months and if you quit you owe them 3000.00 i think it covers motel food training ...As for the company if you can get a company job and not the lease you can do ok with them but dont do the lease as a solo when you get done training do the company driver trust me anything else just ask

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Thanks KYwildcat, I'm not looking to lease anything right now. With the economy in the tank and from what I hear about freight and miles all I want to do is get my refresher and put a year in then make my decision about leasing. Right now I feel the roof over my head is far more important than renting someones truck in this market. Do you happen to know what the starting pay is?

4. ky wildcat 4ever

ky wildcat 4ever Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Somerset KY
    If you sign on as a trainee you will sign a 15 month contract I know this for sure as my friend is training a student now. And the pay is 12 a mile all miles (loaded and empty ) As for a training student (as they call it) the one with my friend says they told him he could make 700.00 a week dont know for sure but give a couple weeks and i will know for sure ...Anything else I might help with just ask

5. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Wil-Trans is a small fleet that is leased to Prime out of Springfield, Mo and hauls their freight. They do their own hiring and have their own HQ in Springfield.:biggrin_2553:

6. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    SRT is owned by Covenant........:biggrin_25515:

allondrasdaddy Thanks this.
  7. janskitty

janskitty Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Springfield, MO
    I have friends that run for them. They are really happy and seemed really pleased with them.

8. latefreight

latefreight Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Winston-Salem NC
    Prime has ruined Wil trans, since they own them 100% as of about a year and a half ago. When i worked at prime 6 years ago,everybody wanted to switch to Wil-Trans. They had the same pay,and better and bigger trucks. Now it's not the same. Prime has went to the dogs aswell. Stay away from Wil-Trans and Prime. Srt was a really good place to work for in the day. I don't know about now. SRT, Covenant, and US Express are all brothers and sister. Srt is the best out of the bunch. Go to SRT. I worked for Covenant, Srt used alot of the Covenant yards. When I met guys from SRT they were pretty happy. If you got 3 years regional in the last 3 years,you can go to any company you want. You should leave the big places alone,cause they are full of the stuff bull haulers have on their boots.

9. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Nothing has changed about Wil-Trans. They are a company that is completely separate from Prime. They get their loads from Prime under the logistics (or owner-op, if you will) option that Prime offers. 73% of linehaul revenue, 100% fuel surcharge passed through. Can't say what Wil-Trans pays their company drivers, because I don't work for them, but I've never met an unhappy one. Can't say that about SRT, Useless Express, or Covenant... but I'm sure there are plenty of drivers that like working for them too.

I work for Prime, and feel they are a very good company. IMO, the people running Prime down couldn't hack the road here. Probably the same with most companies with a number of glaring exceptions. Bunch of whiners if you ask me.

10. latefreight

latefreight Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Winston-Salem NC
    Will trans wasn't 73% when I was at Prime. It was .85pm. Which that is better then what prime offered .80 permile or percentage. Well after being out here for 7 years, I leanerd percentage ain't worth it unless you see the frieght bill. Which Prime would not let you do. You should ask somebody who has been their awhile, oh I'm sorry you won't. If they do they have been there,they are the ones in the office stealing from you. How can you justify paying their reefer fuel? $40 for load locks, $ 7 for a thermometer, $60 for a lock, $25 for a key. I was desperate for a job when I came to this industry to. Even being a 3rd generation driver i was nieve aswell. I'm still learning,but I will do it from my company truck,for a company that wont hire you until you get 5 years otr.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2009
  11. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Got a bad attitude, don't ya? You pay for the equipment, because if it's on your dime, you're more liable to take care of it. I don't have a problem with that, and it's tax deductible. As far as what is on the freight bill, all you have to do is ask... did you? I have, and I've seen the numbers. What Wil-Trans receives for their services and what they pay their drivers, I admittedly can't say with any certainty - however, they are on the logistics side, so they would certainly be receiving the same deal as any other owner-operator leased onto Prime. So you were "desperate?" Bummer... bad way to break into a new career.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.