Wild West Express is the worst company ever!!!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by whatalife, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Hotplate

Hotplate Medium Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Indeed.

And yet, you see their trucks moving up and down the Highpay Highway which means drivers in their seats jammin gears up and down the line.

My question is, WHY? Who on God's green earth would agree to such terms? Such working conditions?!?!? So little pay?!?!? In reality, there should be NOBODY foolish enough to truck for garbage outfits like this.

I'm convinced that if companies rolled back pay to a nickel a mile, there'd still be trucks rolling. Because for so many, this is a LIFESTYLE, not a JOB. For some, it beats living out of a Maytag refrigerator box under the highway overpass. For others, it's an opportunity to escape reality, evade child support payments, and show off their big red rooster cruiser to the rest of the world.

Log 70. Work 80-100 hours. Paid for 40 (maybe).

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chasedog

chasedog Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Hotplate, yeah I get what you're saying. But things are always much clearer looking from the outside in. Now I look back and kick myself for not seeing or putting aside the red flags early on.

As with most places not everything was horrible. The old man really is a solid guy, well respected. And the safety guy, Jaime, is also a real good guy. My dispatcher was also cool.

But the guy who posted earlier about them making you put a super single in your cab was spot on. They want the rims back but should install tire racks under the trailer but the son running the shop doesn't give a rat's &%#. He will charge you for everything. And I mean everything.

The other son running operations put in place a driver bonus plan that was to pay out quarterly. He got behind by several months claiming he didn't have the numbers yet from the daughter who runs the office. Garbage. It's your sister. Get it done. Keep your promises. I was owed for two bonuses when I left and never saw a penny. I'd be happy to tell you why but I can't because after speaking to me once about it by phone and promising me some money, he never took another one of my calls. And I left more than 10 messages and emails. What a coward.

The kids have screwed up what the old man built. And they appear to be money hungry. Because 4K bought them 50K in bad press. Not smart.

Not smart businessmen. Not smart business decision-making. I have no idea if any of the three went to college to learn business but I did. I run my own business now. I'd be out of business if I lied to my most critical employees like they lied to me and others.

I strongly recommend drivers in the Las Cruces/El Paso area who are looking for employment give Mesilla Valley or an El Paso carrier a look. And steer way clear of these guys.

I'm so happy I left and found a better path in trucking. They say you gotta kiss a few frogs to get to your princess. Wild West Express will be one of your frogs.

4. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    I filled out an application for them a while back, but after talking to the recruiter and things sounding really shady, I moved to other pastures. Glad I did too.

5. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    I don't understand why drivers fall for this kind of bunk
    Go in blind, come out blind and broke and having to put down on job history another wasted attempt that ends up looking bad on the driver and keeps the driver from getting a prime job

Another Canadian driver and rachi Thank this.
  6. Happyfeet

Happyfeet Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Sioux Falls SD
    Well in the wild west you normally get robbed at gunpoint. But apparently in the trucker wild west you get robbed at...fleecepoint?

7. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I work for Munoz Trucking. Been really happy here.

There is also LGA Express, Southwest Freightlines, J.J.A.Munoz Distribution (John Munoz is the brother of my company's owner), Millenial Transportation, Gamers Logistics, Sky Transportation, Preferred Distribution, Amerilink, Out West Express to name a few locally based trucking companies.

We haul for some of the same customers as the rest and you can get some good 2800-3600 mile runs to the midwest, northeast and back. Home pretty much weekly.

Another Canadian driver and d o g Thank this.
  8. RoadwarrierTX

RoadwarrierTX Bobtail Member

May 27, 2016
    I ran for over a year, didnt have problems. Treated me good i would still be there but had to work local

9. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    A new set every 10 weeks... What a deal!!!

10. chasedog

chasedog Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    The way I get even is every time I see one of their trucks pull in I chat up the driver and try to talk him into trying another better-paying and more reputable company. Been successful too. Before I'm done that 4K they stole from me will have cost them many times that in driver retention costs.

11. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    I think the point is how did they make you sign a contract with such crappy terms? Why not just get up and walk out? Or were the terms of the contract not honored or changed after you started driving?

Folks around here prefer specifics. Also, specific details of how you were deceived into signing the contract will help others who read this know what to look for and avoid.

Not taking their side. I believe you when you say they are a scumbag outfit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.