Will Schneider have a new ICOA for ICs to sign this year?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by sadwar, May 7, 2016.

Will Schneider have a new ICOA for ICs to sign this year?

Poll closed May 28, 2016.
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    82.8%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    In 12 years that's been 1 of the 3 constants at Schneider lack of communication,.

91B20H8, drvrtech77 and redoctober83 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Did you ever happen to work for Schneider and Don Schneider was running the show?

4. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Don't wish too much for "Power Only" there is NO board, you get a Logistics Broker. Plus they wont let you bounce between being an IC and power only on your own authority...plus you cant use true north insurance on power only...and power only freight is way way way down.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

5. TennMan

Sep 21, 2011
    No Don had already appointed Lofgren, however I did meet him and Wayne Lubner on their OC tours.

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Okay... I work for Schneider and Don Schneider was running the company and it was a total different ball game over here.. Don was Pro driver big time and he demanded that from every office person in the company to take care of the people that made the company the money... Wayne lubner was Don Schneider's right hand man in conjunction with dealing with drivers and I do know when I work for Schneider back in 1999 when Lofgren made his rounds to the terminals the Ic's at some of the terminals had told him where to put it because he didn't like them and Lofgren had made a statement prior to them opening their mouths that you drivers have bad attitudes and that's why they told him where to go... A lot of people blame Lofgren on the negative changes for this company

7. TennMan

Sep 21, 2011
    I remember SNI was pro driver even used to make dbl's ride with a driver for a week.

Used to be able to go from driver to dbl but not any longer.

Home_on_wheels and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  8. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    I was at Schneider in 1989 and you are absolutely correct .

9. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
  10. *Five-0*

*Five-0* Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Hey...I'm over here!
    Could be a move in response to the countless court cases being found in favor of 'contractors' at other organizations (FedEx Ground for one, some of the port drayage companies in CA are another as well as many other companies both in trucking and outside of the industry). In these cases, the courts are finding that as the parent company has substantial ability to set work conditions, provide resources (like the company car, for instance) and direct work efforts, the 'contractors' are, in fact, de-facto employees and need to be treated as such. Substantial awards and back-pay are being made in favor of these individuals. I imagine Schneider has found some potential liability in this area and is working to rectify the situation.

On that note, if I was IC, I would be refusing uncompensated trailer moves. :headbang:

Home_on_wheels and redoctober83 Thank this.
  11. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Has any of the ic's noticed now when you call in to the ICA you get a message about the call is now being recorded? That's new or I just finally realized it after being here for so long.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.