wiper blades

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Starboyjim, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    For your information. Last spring I happened to buy wiper blades at Rush Truck Center in Laredo, a Peterbilt outlet. The manufacturer was Big Truck Tough, something like that. Well, I've paid $17.95 for all kinds of blades, in truck stops, in Freightliner dealers, and they were all marginal quality and expensive.

The blades I got at Rush Peterbilt outlet are $3.92ea, I bought 3 for $11.90 (or so). I'd have paid almost $60 at a PFJ or TAP, or Freightliner. Saved $50, got 3 blades for less than the price of one Allied blade or whatever at a PFJ, TAP, or Freightliner dealer. These blades last a long time, work great cleaning off moisture, don't streak, and cost a lot less. Try them, you'll be glad you did.

rabbiporkchop and skellr Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

I get my blades from the shop. If I feel quirky and tired of the garbage the shop gives me, I go to Walmart or any auto store and buy a set I want.

I would think you can do the same, as most wipers anymore come with universal attachments.

4. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    I usually get mine at Wal-Mart ,massive selection and if I have a problem I can just pull in to the nearest one.

rabbiporkchop and Blackshack46 Thank this.
  5. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    I get the.cheapest ones I can find. They last as long as the more expensive ones. I'm picky about wipers, every time I get in a different truck first thing I do is put new ones on.

Starboyjim Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.