Wolfman Cb Shop in Ga, stay away.

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by platinum, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    So your a secret christian <<Never Mind would matter anyway>>.

Highwayman1224 and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    I'm all for law abiding, but this bull crap about the FCC is just that! Bull crap, if I can get my radio to reach farther than about 2 miles, then so be it, it saved me from huge back ups on more than one occasion, so feel free to call the keystone cops on me if you wish, if Wolfman CB Shop does a good job setting up CB's hope they keep doing it, nothing in the bible mentions the FCC, so their good in the eyes of The Lord

4. freebirdrfd

freebirdrfd Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Raynham Ma
    I'm up in Boston, and I can listen to Wolfman talking nice and clear.

5. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I had a good experience with this shop. They fixed my cobra 29 BT for $20. Spent an hour working on it. I was expecting to pay more and was pleasantly surprised.

6. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Fixing and tuning are two different things.
    Doing one well doesn't qualify someone to do the other well, especially without the proper test equipment. Even I can fix a broken solder joint, but I would never attempt to tune a receiver or transmitter.
    Wolfman has no scope or signal generator as of 10 years ago

7. jbee

jbee Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2011
    NC
  8. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Maybe an admirer, but not an actual friend.

9. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Watch "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" on YouTube

According to This phone conversation that took place D-Rail told the customer that he can get 4000 watts out of a 480 watt amplifier. I'm kind of curious what kind of magical miracles he was planning on performing to defy all known laws of physics. According to Toshiba the manufacturer of those 2sc 2879 transistors each one is capable of 120 watts maximum peak power multiplied by 16 and then divided by 4 gives you 480 Watts carrier power for AM use. So based on this we can form one of two conclusions:
    Either he is lying or he believes his own lie which makes him completely incompetent as a technician - in either case I would not recommend patronizing this business until they either learn to be honest or competent in their chosen field.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    Reason for edit: dishonest or incompetent pick one
  10. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as a Christian and believe that he thought he was telling the truth to the customer and that he is just completely ignorant when it comes to basic electronic theory

11. Blaskowitz

Blaskowitz Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2015
    Central South Carolina
    I agree. My grandmother, a wise and accurate judge of character, used to tell me to beware of people who constantly blathered on and on about religion in an attempt to convince everyone how good and righteous they are. She said eventually, those kind would stick a knife in your back or the green weenie, somewhere else. I have very seldom if ever found that to not be the case. For this reason alone, I would avoid that shop like the plague.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.