Wondergel/airhawk

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by DesiTrucker, Apr 15, 2016.

1. DesiTrucker

DesiTrucker Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Nj
    What do you guys recommend for the seat cushion

Both of them seem to have good reviews. Airhawk seems to be on the higher end as far as pricing goes.
    Also, I'm not sure but isn't airhawk seat cushion for the bikers?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tac-Lift

Tac-Lift Light Load Member

May 22, 2012
    The airhawk is well worth the $$$ imho. It was developed for people that are confined to wheelchairs and works great. I have a few different sizes that I use on my motorcycle for cross country trips. My personal record is 36 hours non-stop "seat time" on 1 & never got sore or uncomfortable. The trick is to adjust the air in it properly otherwise it will do you no good. Simple fill it up all the way and sit on it, then open the value and release air slowly until you just start to feel the motorcycle or truck seat. It does take a little bit of getting used too on a bike for a few reasons, 1 you sit higher on the bike and #2 you don't feel as "planted" to the bike seat. (not sure how to explain that, it feels squishy or like sitting on a bowl of jello)

As far as for use in the truck, I thought about it but never felt the need for it yet.

4. DesiTrucker

DesiTrucker Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Nj
    I bought a ROHO seat cushion on eBay fairly cheap
    Best seat cushion I ever bought.
    Takes some time to get use to adjusting the air but once you get it it works wonders. I'm happy and satisfied.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.