Wood floors in trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Bullhauler9, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Bullhauler9

Bullhauler9 Bobtail Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys was just wondering on how hard it was to put a wood floor in a truck. The truck is a 2007 peterbilt 379 48" flat top. Can you buy kits to do this also. any tips and pictures would be greatly appreciated!

2. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Thanks Received:
    Pretty sure they sell kits for this. Check out Iowa 80 or some other truck chrome type shop.

3. leanright

leanright Medium Load Member

Thanks Received:
    What,....what..what if it rains ? :biggrin_2559:

4. Markvfl

Markvfl Road Train Member

Thanks Received:
    I've seen the wood flooring fits on chrome shop websites and Ebay.

I was talking about doing this wood floor with a lady that does truck detailing today. she said you have t take off your shoes and even so it stars looking pretty crappy pretty quickly...

Anyone who has the wood flooring - is she correct?

5. Don2WS

Don2WS Medium Load Member

Thanks Received:
    When i did my house's floor i had some left over so i decided to have polished teak floors on my w9 they look wonderful but are a great responsibility to maintain and keep looking good on a working truck. It took my neighbor 4 days to complete but then again he does floors for a living. I would recommend rockwood accessories, they made a custom dash for one of my old Petemobile's and they did a tremendous job.

6. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Thanks Received:
    My dads been a carpenter for over 30yrs so I know a little about this. To begin you must take out the flooring of the cab. You have several option ranging from laminates to pure hardwoods. They range from $.50 per sq foot to $5.15. It all depends on what you want.

KH

7. sandman1976

sandman1976 Medium Load Member

Thanks Received:
    this will make a long story short,if you have skills you can use household flooring. i've seen it done in a classic freightshaker. they sell the kits on ebay for $300 and they will install if you come to TN. i'm thinking for a working truck that u may need to add some extra clear coat or sealer to keep the varnish from getting scarred.

8. Bullhauler9

Bullhauler9 Bobtail Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the replys guys! We havent decided on what we are going to do yet wood floors or carpet. Do they scratch bad after a while or do you lay mats down first to prevent this?

9. Donk

Donk <strong>Have a Cup Of Concrete</strong>

Thanks Received:
    If you were to do this, i would suggest the urethane that is used on wodden basketball courts for durability..

10. Spacer

Spacer Medium Load Member

Thanks Received:
    We have a few cases of bamboo flooring from doing the living room.... hmmm...

Draft saved Draft deleted