Work gloves

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by mitmaks, Feb 2, 2016.

1. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Im looking for a nice set of work gloves. Every set of gloves I've tried so far only lasted me a month tops. Tarping, chaining, straps/bungees all just wear out gloves and they fail within a month.
    What are your recommendations?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    I buy Carhartt Work Gloves at Tractor Supply. Hold up, comfortable...while providing extra style points. :cool:

4. icebreaker

icebreaker Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2012
    normangee tx
    I use the carHart gloves also. The cat gloves are good also in my opinion

5. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
  6. cke

cke Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Colfax Wi
    Yellow Wells Lamont gloves at farm fleet.

7. haulhand

haulhand Road Train Member

Plus one for the caiman gloves. I use them for everything and have a couple pair that are right at a year old. Order them on Amazon tho they are a little cheaper and qualify for prime so free two day shipping.

Mudguppy Thanks this.
  8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I bought mine from the truckstop in northern utah. I'll have to look at the brand. This particular pair is something they've never sold before. But I"m loving them. waterproof and cottonlike inside. Keeps my hands pretty warm and dry when dressing the tires for weather. Don't know when i bought them. I think it was before turkey weekend. They were $15.

The only reason i've been replacing my gloves. Is the dirt build up in the material that gets to the point hands won't stay clean.

9. Bdog

Bdog Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2014
    A month of heavy use ain't bad. $15 for gloves that last 30 days is only 50 cents a day. Not bad if you are using the heck out of them. Some things I have just come to accept as costs of doing business.

MJ1657, johndeere4020 and Mudguppy Thank this.
  10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    That was $15 for the waterproof gloves. The normal pair is $10. I have no idea how long they last. I'm usually replacing about 4 to 6 weeks because of the soiled leather.

Other truckstops sell a cheaper pair same brand for a couple bucks more. Those don't last long. The stitching comes out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.