Working for Tyson

Discussion in 'Tyson' started by TruckerPete1990, Mar 28, 2013.

1. mack711

mack711 Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    They usually let you park at the closest Tyson plant or terminal. With you being in Arkansas, they have many. Rogers, Springdale, I believe Waldron. Home time is as stated above by Razor3.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 6 Speed

6 Speed Heavy Load Member

Jan 2, 2014
    CPM? How about Detention?

4. Razor3

Razor3 Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2014
    North Central, AR
    Starting pay: 39 cmp, .01 cpm raise each year, up to .41 cpm
    Layover pay: $85.00 based on 24 hour time frame, or positioned less than 200 miles and not reloaded within 24 hours.

Anyone know if they will let you park the truck at the Batesville, AR plant? That would save me about an hour + driving for home time.

6 Speed Thanks this.
  5. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    depends if plant will let you. Some plants have the room some do not. Best bet would be ask the recurter that question and they should beable to find out

Razor3 Thanks this.
  6. Zappa

Zappa Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2013
    That's right. 1 day off for every 6 days on. They generally count any day that you work part of, like the day you come out and the day you go home..those count as work days. Going home every other weekend is not uncommon. They're good about getting you home when requested, just make the request when you come out or ASAP. Occasionally, of course, there are unforeseen events that can cause you to go home late.

I do see many trucks that park at plants for home time. Probably depends on circumstances. You just can't take truck home.

Besides Springdale, AR and New Holland, PA there are also terminals in Wilkesboro, NC and Center, TX.

Razor3 Thanks this.
  7. Zappa

Zappa Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2013
    I'm not aware of any Tyson facility in Batesville, AR.

8. Razor3

Razor3 Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2014
    North Central, AR
    I'm not overly worried about the home time frequency. But that is good to know that they count days going out and coming in as work days since the truck can't be taken home. I'm really hoping that there is room in the Batesville AR plant. That would shave off quite a bit of driving time over the course of a career.

9. Razor3

Razor3 Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2014
    North Central, AR
    Crap, You're right. It may be conagra foods. Not sure why I thought it was Tyson. My mistake. So much for the savings on driving time. lol
    But honestly I don't plan on taking much home time during my first year or two anyway so o no big deal. I'm in one of those places in life that it would be advantageous to just go live the lifestyle to the fullest while I'm single and I can.

10. Razor3

Razor3 Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2014
    North Central, AR
    TruckerPete........ I saw in another thread that you were looking for a General HP40W awhile back. Did you ever get that radio? I know it will put out quite a bit of power depending on who tunes it.
    -Will Tyson let you hook it up straight to the battery?
    I have a radio as well that would be better if hooked straight to the battery. Didn't know how lenient Tyson was on things of this nature.

11. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    no i havent gotten one. using my connex hp. they wont let u run to the battery's.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.