Working with Steamship Lines?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by CHSSC1992, Aug 26, 2015.

1. CHSSC1992

CHSSC1992 Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Charleston, SC
    I've been searching all over the place for help and I figured this would be the best route and maybe you guys and gals can help me. Does anyone in the broker forum here know how I could possibly work directly with a Steamship Line moving containers? I am a freight broker for a company (like TQL, but I do not work for TQL) and I handle a lot of containers for my customers, most of them being Freight Forwarders. I really would like to work directly with the Steamship/Container Lines but I have been a really difficult time figuring out the best way to do it. Does anyone have any advice or help? Does anyone know any steamship lines that will work with brokers directly? How do you go about getting set up with these steamship lines if they will work with brokers? Any help would be great!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FAST123

FAST123 Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Easton,PA
    The IANA has a membership directory where you can find contacts at the Steamship lines to haul for. We used run a 30 truck container operation in nj/ny and honestly the Steamship Line rates were lower than hauling scrap metal to the ports. Things may have changed now with everything going on. Good luck.

CHSSC1992 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.