Worst Showers

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by mrjuggalo9er, Nov 11, 2006.

who do you think has the worst showers on the road

Poll closed Jan 10, 2007.
  1. *

petro

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. pilot

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. *

flying j

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. *

TA

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. *

LOVES

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  6. *

Other

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  7. *

All of the above

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. stacks

stacks Road Train Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Emerald Isle
    Definaetly bring your own towels there quite cheap to buy

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hawk 1

Hawk 1 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2014
    The worst one of all the places i have been is in Fargo ND Its STAMART on 12th av n
    The showers are filthy and the towels are like TEN years old and on top of that there fuell is not much to speak of eather.

skellr Thanks this.
  4. Hawk 1

Hawk 1 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Staymart Fargo has them beat hands down,no question.

5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    A sticky thread about how showers were 6 years ago. :)

6. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Peelot in Pottsvile, PA. They only have 3 showers and you have to ask them to put you on a waiting list.
    the showers themselves are grimy at best and if someone flushes the toilet in another part of the building you get a sudden gush if really hot water.

The peetro in Gaston IN has its showers in like the attic. The only time I used these the shower room had three levels to it. The toilet was on one level. The sink on the next and shower stall on top level.
    Each level was actually quite a step up from each other and the water was so hard that after I got out if the shower I felt dirtier than before I went in.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  7. conjuntoron

conjuntoron Bobtail Member

May 29, 2014
    Pasadena, Tx
    When I use any truck stop shower, I always wear water shoes/sandals to keep from touching the floors whether they're clean or not.
    I stay stocked on body wash, shampoo, towels, wash rags just in case. I've seen very clean and also nasty showers everywhere I've been, so to me, there's not really a specific truck stop chain that I can say is clean or dirty.

8. teqntexas

teqntexas Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Ft. Worth Tx.
    Loves Wichita Falls Texas. went in, walked out made the manager go in see it. pointed out the huge black grunge growing in the shower stall, and asked if that was what they were feeding the dead crickets to. (yes, dead crickets all over the floor.) walked out and had company route me to other places. i've never been back.

9. Brewsky

Brewsky Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2014
    I've really noticed it's the state that represents a lot to do with shower . I don't run northeast but I've learned that Georgia, Alabama , Louisiana , Mississippi are the worst and not Hateing on anyone but a lot of employees with bad attitudes. I used that small pilot on 16 in Georgia the filthiest I've ever seen and yes I am ex military so I do where shower shoes but wasn't prepared for drain backing up had to go to doctor when I got home got ringworm from it. But hands down before pilot took over flying j was the best especially the convienance of getting one.

10. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    The Sacramento 49er (now a Pilot, go figure) was the most pathetic shower I ever took anywhere. I think I can piss harder than the water pressure you get there. Shower curtain was filthy and had multiple holes in it, ventilation doesn't exist. Never again!

11. guntowntrucker

guntowntrucker Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2015
    bring in your lysol, and lots of it!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.