Worst truck stop you have been to

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by brinkj23, Aug 28, 2006.

1. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Massachusetts stupid law against leaving the pump on doesn't help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jerry12

Jerry12 Heavy Load Member

Sep 9, 2014
    76 Truck Stop Chain, darn glad there's new mgmt.

4. kswildcat

kswildcat Light Load Member

May 7, 2015
    TA truck stops take your pick.

So tired of these guys, they will never receive a red cent of mine. Just last week it took every bit of an hr to scale a load in Denton Tx. Between waiting on the scale for someone to talk to me, waiting for 3 drivers to back in a spot and then being waited on at the counter. Most of it was spent in the parking lot due to the money hungry crooks bright idea of reserved parking. SOME of us actually do like to do the right thing and and show courtesy to fellow drivers by trying to not tie them up by parking out of their way.

Reserved parking is my complaint. They are so money hungry they block off a bunch of parking spots. Which messes everything up. I do not care that they are front row/close spots as I normally park as far away as possible to get some kind of excersize.

The sad thing is I often see these spots left empty and trucks finding alternative parking,often making it difficult to maneuver around them or on a ramp. I always thought their pay to park idea at some of their Ts's was ridiculous but this is way more assanine.

Basically this just proves to me they care nothing about the industry or the drivers they are trying to bleed every red cent possible. Not smart enuff to realize if a driver is in a truck stop he is spending money. They can take their reserved parking and shove it. They will not see a red cent of mine again.

mjd4277 and HalpinUout Thank this.
  5. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth
    That TA in Denton is like a voyage in the past, the whole place is outdated....

The parking lot is in pretty bad shape, and that place is insanely dusty.

6. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    The dust is not too bad when everyone pours their urine out the window.

Past couple of truck stops I went to get a CAT scale, sitting there pushing the button over and over, finally brought up the truck stop on GPS unit and called hteir number lol to get the ball rolling-- Mustard Seed was one which I'm shocked they didn't call the tow truck on speed dial to tow me away from the cat scale for sitting their waiting on THEM.

HorseShoe and Ougigoug Thank this.
  7. allan5oh

allan5oh Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Winnipeg, mb
    Tiger truck stop in LA

Huge craters in the parking lot, everyone parked like idiots. The food was terrible, the bathrooms were worse. No facilities whatsoever. Basically just a small dirty gas station with truck parking and a restaurant. Oh the tiger too. You can tell he's not a happy kitty.

rholl32 Thanks this.
  8. SlowPoke44magnum

SlowPoke44magnum Medium Load Member

May 3, 2009
    Walbridge,Ohio
    Love's, Hinton, OK. Exit 10, I-40....
    A true rat hole... I can't remember the last time I'd been to such a nasty truck stop. The fuel island was impossible to fuel at as there were trucks stacked 3 deep in nearly every lane, of course the majority of them NOT fueling, the inside of the place was even worse... Crap smeared bathroom stall walls, loose toilet, and in general a dirty interior.... Marked that one in our Loves guide as a do not stop location ;)

9. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Heard the other night that T/A and Country Pride are changing things up. The restaurants will no longer operate 24 hrs, they will only be open 6 am to Midnight, and they are going to be eventually closing all of them except possibly the one in Hillsdale.

mp4694330 Thanks this.
  10. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth
    the old Laredo truck stop was something too..the first time i got to Texas i have stop there what a place it was.....the bathroom walls were covered with newpapers.

I believe this was 30 years ago.

11. precariousthoughts

precariousthoughts Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2015

They've been slowly closing them at 11:00 pm in a lot of places. Pisses me off. I never finish before 10:00 and a lot of times after 11:00.

I was at the one in Eloy AZ the other night exit 203 on I-10. They have a Taco Bell, an A&W and a country pride. All closed by 11:00. I walked in at 11:05. They didn't have anything but crap sandwiches in the c-store.

Looks like I won't be platinum next year. I'm not going to support a chain that leaves guys like me with nothing.

‘Olhand Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.