WTT - My 24.5 wheels and tires for your super singles

Discussion in 'Trucker Forum Classifieds & Trading Post' started by Vurtle, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Vurtle

Vurtle Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Tx
    I am wanting to trade my 11r24.5 tires and steel wheels for your super singles. My tires are in good condition. The tires are not out of round and they have about 80% tread left. I am trying to max out how much weight I can haul, therefore I need super singles to drop my axle weight. I can trade steers and drives or just drives. I have four Yokahama TY577 tires and four Bridgestone M726EL for my drives. Your tires must have even wear, good tread, and not be out of round. I am in Brady, TX and I can swap out the wheels and tires at my shop. I use a torque wrench religiously if that counts for anything. PM me for more details. Thanks

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mitchtazz

mitchtazz Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    are you still willing to trade?

4. Vurtle

Vurtle Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Tx
    Well, I just traded them off. Sorry. I ended up with a brand new set. Thank you anyways.

5. mitchtazz

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    no problem, i got three good aluminum wheels, three good tires. on bad aluminum rim and one new tire (just put it on last Monday). I hope someone else wants to trade or buy these from me cause i'm trying to get away from the super singles.

6. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    What offset rims and what model tires?

I've got 8 very clean 22.5 alcoa alum rims. Tires all less than 30k miles. 6 yoko ty517, 1 gyear glh, and one yoko stear. Hey, sometimes you gotta suck it up on a service call. Lol.

7. mitchtazz

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    i'm not sure the offset, but I know it's a 14in wide rim. and Michelins all the way around. I have 8 rims at home, just haven't bought tires yet. I really don't want to store these singles either. And those service calls are the worst. TA made me buy a rim (which wasn't 14in wide) for $500 because they wouldn't mount my rim with damage. So i have that sitting at the house on the patio, along with the POS spare TA mounted to it.

8. KeithT1967

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    please find out the rim offset and tread depths on the tires. Def interested in a set of singles. Need to get some weight down.

9. mitchtazz

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    tread depth is no issue to get, i have that gauge with me. How do i determine the offset? My apoligies to the OP for running off with their thread.

10. KeithT1967

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    it should be stamped on the rim. if not you can simply measure both sides from the bead to the face.

11. Vurtle

Vurtle Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Tx
    I figure I have to learn the hard way with super singles. Since I switched to them, I gained .3 mpg and lost 800 pounds. That is like getting rid of two fat girls. The ride is way better also. I get paid by the ton, so weight reduction is important. I can haul 55,000 and not bust 34k on my axles.

mitchtazz Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.