WYOMING DRIVERS....I need help

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Big_Red, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Big_Red

Big_Red Medium Load Member

May 5, 2011
    Not active
    any drivers from the rawlins area...I'm in a jam. I've got 3 slabs of granite on the deck. I'm 2k over on my drives. I desperately need the use of a farmer or construction company who has a loader or something capable of booming 16k in the air a few feet so I can move the trailer forward in hopes of distributing the weight differently to get legal. I've tried the local wreckers....one is willing to help but I'd have to wait until Sunday evening the other says maybe but I can tell they don't want to touch it which is understandable.
    I AM WILLING TO PAY FOR THE SERVICE.

The place I loaded is 2 to 3 hours away via goat path. No cellphone service beyond Sinclair
    so I can't get in immediate contact with the gentleman shipping the product and if I drive back out unannounced there is no telling how long I'd be there because I won't be seen and can't call. His house was nowhere to be seen from loading location.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. haulhand

haulhand Road Train Member

Which way are you headed?? I don't really know anyone in the Rawlins area but I'm in Rock Springs and could possibly help tomorrow. In case you didn't know you are allowed 36k on your drives in Wyoming so it's possible your not overweight here at all.

Chewy352, MJ1657 and johndeere4020 Thank this.
  4. Big_Red

May 5, 2011
    Not active
    I'm headed to California so rock springs is on the way. It would be a real life saver. Dispatch already booked my load for Monday so I'm about to bite the bullet big time

5. Rascal1953

Rascal1953 Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Morrison, Tennessee
    You may want to try an equipment rental place such as United or Hertz and rent a machine for a fee. Most of those places are open on Saturday. It is a shot in the dark, I know, but it just might be the ticket.

wore out, MJ1657 and Big_Red Thank this.
  6. Big_Red

May 5, 2011
    Not active
    Not sure if they have anything that can pick up a 16k slab without tipping forward. Last thing I need is to drop it.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. haulhand

haulhand Road Train Member

I'll PM you my number if you can get here fairly early in the morning I'll move it for you. Give me a call.

8. Big_Red

May 5, 2011
    Not active
  9. Ke6gwf

Ke6gwf Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Napa Valley /Yreka CA
    Worst case, rent (2) 8k forklifts, one on each side, and raise it a tiny bit at a time (or get someone to help on the other side)

Since you only need to lift it enough to drive the trailer forward, this is doable!
    (I have done this type of thing before lol)

Hopefully Haulhand will be able to help you, and it really makes me happy to see this type of thing work out like that, but wanted to drop the idea in any case!

wore out and Big_Red Thank this.
  10. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Hey Red, what kind of trailer do you have? If you have one of the 53 ft with the rear axle slide, closing the spread will move 2500 lbs from the drives to the trailer, but you will be limited to 34000 on the trailer tandem.

wore out and Dye Guardian Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    2500 pounds unfortunately is a whole 300 plus gallons of fuel so that's out for a idea.

Im writing also to express surprise that the wreckers wont come pick it up a smidge. Usually they fall over themselves to a wreck, but refuse to come out for load shifting... sheesh. Maybe it's worth the potential expense equal to or less than a outright overweight fine.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.