Wytheville Walmart

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by MysticHZ, Oct 8, 2015.

1. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Be forwarned .... Wytheville Walmart at X70 I81 in VA ... The parking area in the corner betweeen Walmart and the Lowes is now posted ... NO semi parking at all. Wytheville's finest are writing extortion notes for the city treasury.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    There's like 6 truck stops around Wytheville. Why did people even bother parking at that Walmart ?

4. MysticHZ

May 28, 2010
    Grocery shopping ...

WalterSobchak Thanks this.
  5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I used to use that lot to pick up thing at Lowes and Walmart in one shot. Can get a lot of things at those places that you can't get at the J or the TA or other nearby truck stop.

6. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Then stop at any of the other Walmart along 81 that do.

Swedish Chef and S M D Thank this.
  7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I think the point of the thread is trashy drivers are forcing Walmart and others to crack down on truck parking on their lots. Every month it seems there is less and less options available for those who want to do their weekly grocery shopping.

I guess that's what we'll have to do. Thanks for the tip :biggrin_25523:

slim6596, KriegHund and Canned Spam Thank this.
  8. MysticHZ

May 28, 2010
    I think it's less an issue with Walmart and more of a revenue grab by Wytheville ... they left the no overnight parking signs up and added no semi parking signs.

Then they're sitting in the Walmart parking lot and swooping into make the kill.

The Walmart clerk I was chatting wiht seemed bummed about it.

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    There is very little consistency with Walmarts. In Texarkana for instance, they only allow trucks overnight, not during the day (according to signs). But one thing is for certain, having to have their people pick up pee jugs every morning in the parking lot to try and maintain a respectable lot for the customers who make up 99.9% of their traffic volume, you can't blame them for saying "enough". They tried to be accommodating to truckers, but some did not/do not appreciate it and literally pissed all over Walmart and other retail property owners.

10. crazystalin

crazystalin Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2013
    NC
    Have y'all seen the people of Walmart? Google people of Walmart and u see. I don't think pee bottles are going to make a difference. I for one will pay more for groceries than go to Walmart. They not like trilucks screw them. I don't shop there. Forbid wife n kids too. I would take her credit card away if she gods there. But knowing drivers are stupid as they are they still support the walmarts. I don't have to deliver their crap. Thank you tankers.

11. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    The Walmart I worked at contracted parking lot cleaning services out. The guy had a vacuum truck and he and two other guys cleaned up the parking lot every morning.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.