XPO Truckload- going to make it or sell it again?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by free spirited1, Sep 24, 2016.

1. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    I been here long before they bought it (CFI to Conway TL, now XPO TL). Many drivers solos, teams, etc quitting.Many drivers I meet when pu/del say they just cant take it anymore. One 22 yrs driving here the other week I met up with said, Im done, had enough, said I been given a good offer by Walmart, so he going there, and the sogga seems to just keep a going, and for many reasons. Many drivers saying reductions/deductions is all XPO knows. So, even some saying what I said above, sell again when the stock hits a certain point? Some saying they haven't got a clue about running a truckload division, I've got my own take on it..whats your take on it?

double yellow and Rusty Trawler Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AbbandonZK

AbbandonZK Light Load Member

May 6, 2013
    I was going to work for Conway after I got 3 months experiance but that changed. My first job had me sitting on Conway docks as a outside carrier (.28CPM) I would usually get there at 10am and I was told they wouldn't get me done till 1am. I hated Conway loads just as much as I hated Carter Express' (two pu one in Romulus ,MI (12am) and in Anderson, IN (3am) automotive loads. After the buy out I still pulled brokered loads for XPO. I would ask eveytime "Hey don't you own Conway?" I pretty much expected XPO to broker out loads to cut costs and starve out Conway drivers.

Rusty Trawler and free spirited1 Thank this.
  4. free spirited1

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Definitely see truth in what your saying
    Thanks for sharing.

5. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    I was wondering how things would turn out there at Conway after the obx buy out....
    Not looking good , you Conway drivers be sure to keep us updated , we are watching and waiting to see which way this will go

free spirited1 Thanks this.
  6. free spirited1

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    hi driver, I was at a XPO Freight in Greencastle the other week, yard dog came up to me, said hello etc...asked me how things were at XPO TL, I shared all the changes to date, yeah he says not good here either, he said many drivers have left, asked why, he said what I said above its mainly about deductions that directly affect their benefits and pay. Another for instance driver is their health insurance hasn't been put in place for the upcoming renewal , I been here long enough to we'll know that at this time of year there reminding drivers over the QC a couple times a week about the insurances Labs, etc. I know people on the inside, so I gave a call, was told that they don't even know yet and that it's up in the air. This XPO a lot of people are being hood winked at truckload by them, I have some alternatives I'm putting in place.

7. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I've noticed that they sure have quit washing the trucks , some look downright ratty .

Mike2633 and free spirited1 Thank this.
  8. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    I haven't seen that. The plain white looks really weird to me though.

Mike2633 and free spirited1 Thank this.
  9. AbbandonZK

AbbandonZK Light Load Member

May 6, 2013
    I wouldn't be surprised if they just stuck to brokering and either went the Landstar route or went full lease purchase operation.

free spirited1 Thanks this.
  10. free spirited1

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Yeah I keep my truck pretty clean ..oh by the way that's changed also...it use to be 23 days out free wash at blue beacon if you hadn't passed thru the Laredo or Joplin terminals that of course have washes at them. That was increased to 30 days, and none of those days can be on your hometime. Not really a problem to much, but some drivers are deliberately letting their trucks go unwashed as a means of protest ...lol...I'm not one of those...you can't miss me I wear a pink hat and pink boots at times...lol

Starboyjim Thanks this.
  11. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    I hate to say it but with this buyout it looks like the writing's on the wall. Drivers are leaving that company like rats deserting a sinking ship.

thejackal, free spirited1 and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.