XPO Truckload- going to make it or sell it again?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by free spirited1, Sep 24, 2016.

1. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    and to add a comment on this...they didn't get there by not stomping on many a good drivers , benefits, etc. ..also they lost big when the European stock market took a plummet recently. Driver, thanks for your comment

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trkrjim

trkrjim Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Iowa City, IA
    Probably the only reason XPO kept the truckload division is because it wasn't worth anything and they couldn't sell it at the time they did the deal. Was Con-Way TL or even CFI know for any dedicated accounts or even having consistent customers? I really don't know, but that's the only thing that has any value. Don't forget XPO also got Jacobson warehousing and transportation fairly recently too. I imaging those are dedicated, home weekly, and much better jobs than OTR. Probably just a matter of time before they fire sale the truckload to Celadon or like company.

4. free spirited1

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    They had three offers, they wouldn't tell us who they were, took them several weeks to decide to keep us. I believe this wasn't something they just said oh okay let's keep Truckload, I believe they had a good accounting company run the numbers for viability and then decided to not sell to one of those three. I just come into contact with another one of our drivers at a Walmart today , after a conversation, he said no I have no plans to stay, but I do have plans to quit, and where I'm going. He is lengthy here like me, a little longer but he been here 21 years.

bzinger Thanks this.
  5. CryoGuy

CryoGuy Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2016
    Hobart, IN
    XPO has headquarters in the States, but the parent company is out of China.. BIL runs for Freight, and it is getting bad.. Freught is down because of a rate increase, drivers/ management walking, and no one cares.. Add in the bennie package questions, its not good.

bzinger and free spirited1 Thank this.
  6. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    I've leased to Conway TL (note the difference, Conway Freight is totally separate operation) for 3 1/2 years. Since XPO came in, not a lot has changed for me. Contractors benefits are the same, compensation hasn't changed, and I still get around 3K miles/week. So all this negative garbage-speak doesn't really relate for me. I have noticed a lot of calling in at the operations department lately and I wonder what 's up with that. Otherwise, just a lot of trucker paranoia and rumor-mongering. Not saying that truckers actually do those things, of course. Like I heard the diamonds and ring program were cancelled - nope, not true. Just an example, there were several more around the Laredo terminal that day. And it's true, freight has been soft for a few months. Which is a little scary, since big boxes aren't loading holiday merchandise anything like they were the last few seasons. Apparently.

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  7. free spirited1

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    The difference is your an OO, not a company driver, this thread mainly goes out to the company drivers. Stay tuned, things are going to change in many ways , I actually document the changes for my own use.

8. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    Gee, thanks, free spirited1. I think I've been asked to leave the party. "this thread mainly goes out to the company drivers?" All you have to do is say so, driver.

Just sayin', why bother "documenting the changes for your own use?" If your attitude is that bad, why stick around? Just to prove yourself right - to yourself? In fact, who wants bad attitude drivers around anyway? Guys like you should quit so you don't poison the barrel for the rest of us who are trying to make it happen.

Thanks again.

9. free spirited1

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Good bye, and enjoy your day

10. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Sounds like they sure like to cater to their shareholders....
    All they need now is a recession or a stagnant economy

free spirited1 Thanks this.
  11. free spirited1

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Yes very very true.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.