Yet another accident in Ajax, Ont (3 dead so far, 20 vehicle pileup)

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by GOV'T_Trucker, Oct 3, 2015.

1. GOV'T_Trucker

GOV'T_Trucker Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2011
    Well looks like yet another truck driver not paying attention in construction zone slamming in the back of a car.. 2 adults dead and a 12 year old dead... This comes less then 2 weeks after another truck did the same thing in the same general area... When will these guys pay attention... Here comes more legislation because these dummy's can't look up ahead to see what is happening... I am never really any lighter then 90,000lb (and up to 130,000) I am always looking well ahead so I can stop... What's the rush like seriously..... This stuff makes me sick to my stomach... Such a waste of life..

http://www.citynews.ca/2015/10/02/c...wy-401-crash-involving-20-vehicles-near-ajax/

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Prayers to all Involved... It's never going to get better, with the E-logs forcing drivers to drive when tired and everyone texting while driving and what not this stuff with continue to happen

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. GOV'T_Trucker

GOV'T_Trucker Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2011
    The sad part is, no matter how many accidents or deaths happen people will never learn... I mean like I said we had an accident 1.5 weeks ago in the same area.. 3 people dead, trucker slammed in the back of the one car crushing it between another truck.. You would think with a serious accident like that would make both truckers and 4 wheelers smarter on the road, but nope less then 2 weeks later and we have yet another one in the same area killing these 3 people... It's crazy...

Here are 2 almost identical cases of slow traffic and the truck not paying attention to the slowed down traffic.. Now in defence of the one 2 weeks ago it was really foggy and the guy was only going 60km/h (100km/h highway)... I don't know what the outcome of that was.. I know I have been in dense fog and you can't even see the taillights in front of you.. But this one here that happened lastnight there was no fog, it was at night so he should have seen brake lights at the very least...

I drive Toronto everyday, it's a very tough place to drive a tractor trailer.. I think it's rated as one of the most terrible places to drive in North America.. It has gotten so bad with the amount of cutting off.. Now and days it all about ME ME ME... No one wants to let anyone in anymore with is sad... There is no respect for truckers...

5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    How do e-logs FORCE drivers to drive tired? Drove with them for years and never once did a gun come out and align with my head and a computer say "drive or die". Or my family wasn't threatened if I didn't drive. Any driver who drives tired, does so voluntarily...if a company threatens a drivers job when they refuse to drive tired, then they don't deserve to have that driver.

This appears, at first glance, to be an inattentive driver...but since we don't know all the facts, then that is a guess at best.

allniter and not4hire Thank this.
  6. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Once your clock starts it cant stop on Elogs... We can sit here all day an debate the Elogs deal...

And ya ya everyone out there quits when forced to drive when tired... Some might majority wont

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  7. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Some things never change, and one of those things is that we, (people in general,) are rather STUPID animals.

browndawg and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  8. jerezxp7

jerezxp7 Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2007
    oregon
    I see way to much close following its down right scary. Canada has the worst drivers anywhere.

9. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Wow, just wow.

I went through there a couple of days ago and there was almost another one. I could see the brake lights way ahead and was slowing. I could also see the truck ahead of me wasn't slowing. Tried to warn him on the CB but no response. He was also doing that moving side to side in the lane. Texting, napping, who knows. He realized just in time but #### it was close.

There's no excuse for that to happen anywhere but especially not there. Sudden slow downs are expected and are common there. Signs warning of construction are impossible to miss at that spot. I wish the driver a long life of nightmares. @#&^!@

...It is not immediately clear whether or not the transport truck driver made an attempt to stop prior to the collision.

“All the witnesses we have spoken to said this vehicle was travelling westbound and did not slow down as traffic was slowing down...

...There were signs in the area indicating that there was construction ahead, Schmidt said, but the driver of the transport truck, which was loaded down with steel, did not slow down in anticipation....

/quote
    http://www.cp24.com/news/cars-rippe...ad-after-20-vehicle-crash-near-ajax-1.2593353

allniter Thanks this.
  10. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    How would you like to measure that?

By "Road fatalities per 100,000 inhabitants per year"?
    Canada: 6
    US: 11.6​

By "Road fatalities per 100,000 motor vehicles"?
    Canada: 9.3
    US: 13.6​

By "Road Fatalities per 1 billion vehicle-km"?
    Canada: 6.1
    US: 7.6​

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

tinytim Thanks this.
  11. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    lol, the only measurement needed is personal observation. All ones need do is to drive in the GTA to determine how all Canadians drive and compare it to their hometown in Cook MN.

not4hire Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.