You aint gonna believe this... Yet Another Ic Choice thread move over DFO!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by ew2108, Aug 17, 2014.

1. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Well, Good Afternoon and Howdy everyone, wherever you may be!

I'm actually taking a holiday weekend at home. Nice feeling. Since this was the thread at the top, and I don't post often anymore, I'd figure I would pollute this thread!

Things going pretty well overall. Truck is good....though my IdleFree system is only running about 30 minutes at a time. Probably a weak battery or bad connection. 45k mile servicing due in a week or two, so I'll have it checked out then. But that's been the biggest issue with the truck thus far. 8mpg overall, not babying it. And so far, Goodyear has refunded me a grand total of $196 for the 1156 dollars in steer tires I had to buy at 19,480 miles. However, I spoke with the regional rep, and he is still working on the case, so we will see....

Almost four months in, here are my views in a nutshell to this point:

1. I am absolutely LOVING not being governed at 62. Just as braking can save your tail, so too can some leftover and available acceleration underfoot. I will never drive a truck governed to such a low speed ever again. Period. I defended the 62mph limit for a long time. No more. The difference is remarkable.

2. ATBS sucks. I fired my "consultant" two weeks ago, informing him that any further communication from ATBS needs to be from someone else. Thus far, I have received nothing. Not even an attempt from management to get to the bottom of my issue with them. Nada. A worthless organization, and certainly not worth the $75 monthly fee.

3. No, I'm not making money hand over fist, but I'm not working that hard, either. I have yet to run my 70 out. This week, trying to get home, I got within two hours. I am on pace to make 60k so far, and I believe that will increase...if the fuel prices don't get more asinine than they are at present. But I'm taking 12 to 14 days off in July to visit family in CA, so that could affect my yearly income goal, but I really don't care. It's not why I'm doing this. If you see my truck parked at Fontana during that time, give it a quick wash for me!

4. Didn't have to scale a load for nearly two months. Had to scale two this week, though one was at the shipper. Loads of 42k and 44k. Truck still averaged 7.5 from IL to NC under 42k, and nearly 8 from NC to GA with 44k.

Here's hoping you have a tremendous holiday weekend. Please be safe!

ew2108, jonargal, mickeyrat and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Been wondering about you and how things were.

48Packard Thanks this.
  4. 48Packard

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I'm staying pretty regional right now as my MIL is not doing well. In fact, I booked a load out for Tuesday, but had to cancel it pending how the weekend turns out. Also have a cat going in for the removal of an eye, and just this morning, the 26-year-old water heater in our 26-year-old house decided to call it quits.

Won't be able to stay home long! :(

TennMan Thanks this.
  5. centralmi

centralmi Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Cincinnati Oh
    I'm in the process of getting my ducks in a row to lease with sni on ic. What is your average quarterly paid mile including deadhead? I was using $1.55 but that's a guess and wanted some real numbers.

Thanks

6. ipogsd

ipogsd Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    I fired ATBS too. They are not worth the money they charge, and their reports suck monkey balls.

7. sadwar

sadwar Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Lockport, IL
    That number is different for everybody...

My yearly average on all miles is at $1.83 as of Saturday..

Last week I averaged $2.00 on all miles...

Too many factors with too many variables that affect that number....

Go back through most of these threads on this forum. Most people at some point have posted their numbers. Do some research. You'll find the answers you need.

Roll on....

centralmi Thanks this.
  8. centralmi

Aug 15, 2014
    Cincinnati Oh

Thanks for your reply. I know there is a vast difference between each owner, where they run and how they run. I have looked at other posts. I was looking for current info. I appreciate all the posts the information is valuable. Thank you

9. centralmi

Aug 15, 2014
    Cincinnati Oh
    I'm also making a spreadsheet where I can track all income and expenses but occurred to me that someone prolly has already made one. I'd be interested to see what other guys are using to keep track of their business. No since in re-inventing the wheel.

10. 48Packard

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I finally got a reply from them this weekend, informing me my signature card had been cancelled. No attempt to remedy the situation or get another consultant. I'm just amazed.....not that I would have entertained the notion of continuing with them. But not even a token apology for the issues that plagued this business relationship.

If I were the CEO, I'd be livid.

11. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    They are out of Colorado.......

Just saying

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.