You can find good and bad in every company out there...

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by James72, Aug 4, 2015.

1. James72

James72 Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2015
    I've been behind a desk for many years. A friend of mine was also and got into trucking later on in life. He's in his early 40's as am I. He hired on with one of the big box companies to get his CDL, put in a year and now has hired on with a local company doing dedicated runs. He loves it. In reading through the forums for every company out there I think you can find 10 people that love them and 10 that hate them. Sure you see trends as in more who dislike one or like another but I also think you get what you put into it also. I plan on doing something similar in the near future and the big box company I hire on to probably won't be the best, hopefully not the worst either but I'll stick it out. I like to drive and don't mind being away from home for extended periods of time. In reading the comments you can get a good idea of how old some of the posters are.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BeanDip

BeanDip Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2014
    S.W Michigan
    It depends, really, on many things. Do you think some simple rose colored glasses might do the trick?
    While it seems ok now, the dam will surely break, so unless there is a new litter of kits on the way, you'll have to import a whole slew of beavers just to repair it.

But hey, that's just me. I'm sure others with some actual experience will chime in.

HorseShoe Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try Earl Henderson Trucking; it's not big mega carrier and has an excellent reputation.

5. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Some people just like to #####. This is me. Lol. You could pay me to sit at home and I'd complain you made me go to the mailbox to get my check.

Also, saying your gonna stick it out is a helluva lot easier sitting at your desk than it is sitting in your 8x8 box that's been parked at the truck stop all weekend.

unloader

brsims Thanks this.
  6. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Darn skippy! Least they could do is pay for a private courier to bring me my check around back to the pool side! Or just back the armored car with all my mad cash directly up to the money vault!

Durned cheap and lazy employers, anyway!

7. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    These pretzels are making me thirsty!

BeanDip and Nitemare13 Thank this.
  8. Nitemare13

Nitemare13 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Hudson, Fl
    That's my favorite episode!

nofreetime and BeanDip Thank this.
  9. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    they do have direct deposits now you know..???

and pay bills on line..???

but I can see another problem you didn't; quite think of...

going out to buy the beer.........!!!!!!!!!!

10. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    People tend to complaint more than say good things about anything. If the product work (or company is good) why cry about it online? But if Mcdonald gave u tomatoes, then ur heard them crying about it. I tend to ignore the complaint and say the drivers fault and not doing something right. Or their tolerance level is low and they leave, like if their not use to 60mph truck they will get frustrated n complaint.

11. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    No different than anything else you research on an internet forum whether it be ford vs chevy, the stock market vs real estate, or trucking company A vs B. Those with no experience with an item often post poor reviews of it. You can usually tell when something really is a bad deal. In my experience things that are do not have 50/50 positive/negative reviews its usually much worse.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.