YRC Freight Pay or Info?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Gucci25, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Gucci25

Gucci25 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2015
    Hello! I am from Nashville, TN looking for a company that can get me home every night or every weekend. YRC is right here in Nashville and will accept me with 6 months experience. I just wanna know what can i expect to make a week? How much are they paying? Where do I drive to from Nashville terminal?

Currently working at Knight Transportation as OTR who cant get home much. Usually 2 days month

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    Probably have to do the on call, extra board, filling in for other drivers for a while. You'd probably make pretty good money if you could put up with the erratic schedule, least for a bit. Maybe some will come along that works there and be more informative. @Chinatown , didn't you work here?

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, but worked at the Goodlettsville terminal. Cardinal/Greatwide now has that terminal. They probably still have company drivers there with home every day doing regional runs. They're at the Associated Grocers Warehouse. I was extra board and did mostly long haul stuff; Florida, Texas, California or anywhere they could schedule a backhaul returning to Goodlettsville.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    Canned Spam Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    About the best job around Nashville is A&R Logistics. Make from $62K - $72K per year and home weekends and some during the week. The terminal is in Decatur, AL and there's a rail yard facility in Nashville. Can take the truck home if you want. Trucks governed @ 67mph. Don't need any endorsements either.

GoldenLad and Gucci25 Thank this.
  6. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    I interviewed with them in Richmond, VA and they were paying $19.80/hr to start which is below average for the area. But you get overtime after 8/40 which changes that pretty quick. But until you get seniority and get a start time it can be real annoying if you have a life outside of work. I wound up not going with them and going with NEMF which was M-F and all days, but even then having no start time got the best of me after a couple months and I left. Real nice people and being union it had great benefits but never knowing when I'd start/end work everyday until that morning was a huge PITA having a wife and kid to work work. If your single, probably wouldn't make a difference. One thing to keep in mind is some terminals also use you as warehouse as well as driver.

7. Gucci25

Gucci25 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2015
    Never heard of A&R. Where can I find info at?? The rail yard facility in Nashville is part of A&R to or seperarte? Anything that gets me home more than OTR is good with me

8. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
  9. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    YRC is a nightmare, according to those who work there. They desperately need fresh blood, but the environment is difficult for new hires, much moreso than with other LTLs. Try Old Dominion if you want to get into LTL freight. Those guys are pretty happy, generally speaking.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    www.drivewithar.com
    The Nashville facility is a loading facility and it's part of A&R Logistics. My former neighbor used to drop his trailer there and bobtail home. He was dispatched out of Decatur,AL though.

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, they have a terminal there also. There's a map of all their facilities on the website. They have a rail facility in Las Vegas also if any drivers want to live near the glam & glitter.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.