Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Woodward, OK
    Trucker?
    Trucking Industry
    Age
    48
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked: 5 Times

    OTR Reefer position open

    I have a 2004 Peterbilt 379EH / 2004 Great Dane 53 ft reefer and need a driver for it as soon as I can get one. I have a driver in there that will stay with me up to 6/4/10. I prefer a team first but will consider good reliable experienced single drivers that want some miles. I also prefer someone that wants to get in alot of miles as my current driver just doesn't seem to want more than 8k miles or so. I have been keeping the truck going coast to coast lately, mostly from OR to somewhere on east coast then back and forth. The miles driven will only be limited by the driver as I am having no trouble getting loads. Please have a clean driving record and some reefer experience. Pay will depend on experience and will be at a per mile rate. Company is located in Woodward, OK but something might be able to be worked out if you live elsewhere. If interested or if you have any questions, email Eric Bucher at EBITrucking@yahoo.com.


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ebucher96 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Road Train Member phroziac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Gary, IN
    Trucker?
    3 Years
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,139
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked: 476 Times
    your current driver doesnt want more than 8000 miles a week? what the hell? or do you mean a month?

  4. #3
    Trucker Forum STAFF Brickman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Location
    WY
    Trucker?
    EX-7 Years
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,904
    Thanks
    10,074
    Thanked: 12,137 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by phroziac View Post
    your current driver doesnt want more than 8000 miles a week? what the hell? or do you mean a month?


    I'm assuming a month. A week isn't possible unless one would NEVER sleep.
    To drive 8000 a week would require 123 hrs of driving at a 65 mph average.
    This does not include time spent load/unloading, eating, showering, fueling etc.

  5. #4
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Woodward, OK
    Trucker?
    Trucking Industry
    Age
    48
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked: 5 Times
    Yes, I meant 8000 a month.

  6. #5
    Road Train Member phroziac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Gary, IN
    Trucker?
    3 Years
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,139
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked: 476 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickman View Post
    I'm assuming a month. A week isn't possible unless one would NEVER sleep.
    To drive 8000 a week would require 123 hrs of driving at a 65 mph average.
    This does not include time spent load/unloading, eating, showering, fueling etc.
    You know im posting this from a truck, right? I know that! ....i just wanted to check because ive seen some reallly odd postings for jobs lately...

    like that one that said that you werent allowed to go through scales!!

  7. #6
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    May 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Trucker?
    11 Years
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked: 17 Times
    LOL !!! It made me do a double take too ! I used to run reefer ( chickens, God Help me !) back when running was, shall we say, all done in the hammer lane, and even then 8000 wasn''t possible without a landing strip !! Thanx for the chuckle !

    Storm

  8. #7
    "Village Idiot" dancnoone's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2007
    Location
    Mississippi
    Trucker?
    23 Years
    Age
    54
    Posts
    9,917
    Thanks
    525
    Thanked: 3,657 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by phroziac View Post
    You know im posting this from a truck, right? I know that! ....i just wanted to check because ive seen some reallly odd postings for jobs lately...

    like that one that said that you werent allowed to go through scales!!

    Hmmmm posting from your truck ??? Line 1 or 2 ???? Hmmmmmm.

    I seem to recall an article just this month where a driver was crucified after he was involved in an accident, and the attorney was able to prove the driver falsified his logs, by using his phone records to prove he wasn't sleeping.

    He was stationary....just not sleeping as his log reflected. Which we both know that is NOT what line 3 means. But juries are easily fooled it seems.

    I hate %$#% lawyers.

  9. #8
    Road Train Member phroziac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Gary, IN
    Trucker?
    3 Years
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,139
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked: 476 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by danc694u View Post
    Hmmmm posting from your truck ??? Line 1 or 2 ???? Hmmmmmm.

    I seem to recall an article just this month where a driver was crucified after he was involved in an accident, and the attorney was able to prove the driver falsified his logs, by using his phone records to prove he wasn't sleeping.

    He was stationary....just not sleeping as his log reflected. Which we both know that is NOT what line 3 means. But juries are easily fooled it seems.

    I hate %$#% lawyers.
    First of all, see my signature. I was on line 2. Problem is, i was IN the sleeper. Being on line 2 does not mean sleeping. However, logs department seems to think i should be on line 4 all the time.

    I can't hate lawyers. I had one who helped me keep my criminal record clean once.

  10. #9
    "Village Idiot" dancnoone's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2007
    Location
    Mississippi
    Trucker?
    23 Years
    Age
    54
    Posts
    9,917
    Thanks
    525
    Thanked: 3,657 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by phroziac View Post
    First of all, see my signature. I was on line 2. Problem is, i was IN the sleeper. Being on line 2 does not mean sleeping. However, logs department seems to think i should be on line 4 all the time.

    I can't hate lawyers. I had one who helped me keep my criminal record clean once.
    my bad..I meant line 2. we both know you can't sleep on line 3

  11. #10
    Road Train Member phroziac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Gary, IN
    Trucker?
    3 Years
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,139
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked: 476 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by danc694u View Post
    my bad..I meant line 2. we both know you can't sleep on line 3
    I knew what you meant and i hope everyone else did too...lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •