Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Taylor Propane

  1. #1
    Trucker Forum STAFF Brickman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Location
    WY
    Trucker?
    EX-7 Years
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,897
    Thanks
    10,062
    Thanked: 12,119 Times

    Taylor Propane

    I just did a search and came up with 0 information on these guys here. Any body here drive for them?

    I start today with an O/O leased to Taylor hauling crude oil from wells. From my research on the O/O he pays better than many of the other O/Os around here. And he is pretty easy to get along with. Some thing that is rare to find it seems.

    Training pay is $12.50 an hr. 12 hr days every day sucks, but the money will be good. 100% medical paid on me once training is over (less than a week).

    I'll keep you guys and dolls posted. This is a different part of trucking than I've ever done. Pulling a tanker and pumping from wells delivering to the refinery. I've done mostly flatbed with a couple van trips, 8 months of car hauling and a couple months of cattle hauling thrown into the mix.

    Time to brush up on the hazmat part of it too.


  2. #2
    Trucker Forum STAFF Brickman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Location
    WY
    Trucker?
    EX-7 Years
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,897
    Thanks
    10,062
    Thanked: 12,119 Times
    Day two of training. This really isn't that hard. Just stuff to keep track of and do it right. Measuring the tanks, doing all the right readings and guessing how much your load weighs.

  3. #3
    Bobtail Member weewilly's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Location
    So. Utah
    Trucker?
    28 Years
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 0 Times

    USA

    hi Keep us posted good and bad I haaul gas,etc.. from refineries to retail etc... Home every day some long days....Be safe

  4. #4
    Trucker Forum STAFF Brickman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Location
    WY
    Trucker?
    EX-7 Years
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,897
    Thanks
    10,062
    Thanked: 12,119 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by weewilly View Post
    hi Keep us posted good and bad I haaul gas,etc.. from refineries to retail etc... Home every day some long days....Be safe





    I only lasted two months. I figured if I was going to work that hard and that many hrs I should be working for myself. Home was just a motel. I got tired of that.


    Leaving at 4 to 4:30 AM and getting home at 6 pm.

    How ever if the economy goes south and O/O doesn't work out I just might have to go back to this company. I left on good terms with the O/O I was working for and another O/O here.

  5. #5
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne WY
    Trucker?
    29 Years
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 0 Times
    You said you were in SE WY. I assume you must be from Cheyenne since I have seen the Taylor trucks there and know they have owner operators that hire drivers. What are you doing now--something else local or long haul?

  6. #6
    Trucker Forum STAFF Brickman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Location
    WY
    Trucker?
    EX-7 Years
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,897
    Thanks
    10,062
    Thanked: 12,119 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by special37 View Post
    You said you were in SE WY. I assume you must be from Cheyenne since I have seen the Taylor trucks there and know they have owner operators that hire drivers. What are you doing now--something else local or long haul?






  7. #7
    Trucker Forum STAFF Brickman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Location
    WY
    Trucker?
    EX-7 Years
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,897
    Thanks
    10,062
    Thanked: 12,119 Times

    De javue (sp)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brickman View Post
    I only lasted two months. I figured if I was going to work that hard and that many hrs I should be working for myself. Home was just a motel. I got tired of that.


    Leaving at 4 to 4:30 AM and getting home at 6 pm.

    How ever if the economy goes south and O/O doesn't work out I just might have to go back to this company. I left on good terms with the O/O I was working for and another O/O here.



    Good thing I parted on good terms. The car hauling gig went south, and I need a yob.

  8. #8
    Staff Leader / Admin Mastertech's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
    Trucker?
    EX-23 Years
    Posts
    114,219
    Thanks
    13,939
    Thanked: 20,657 Times
    Have you started back with them yet?

  9. #9
    Bobtail Member tho5243's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chehalis, Wa
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked: 11 Times
    glad to hear its working out for you!

  10. #10
    Trucker Forum STAFF Brickman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Location
    WY
    Trucker?
    EX-7 Years
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,897
    Thanks
    10,062
    Thanked: 12,119 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastertech View Post
    Have you started back with them yet?





    Whiz quiz on monday.