Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: TDDS in Ohio

  1. #1
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Trucker?
    WannaBe
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 0 Times

    TDDS in Ohio

    I am starting at TDDS in Ohio on Monday July 30th, is anybody on here starting at TDDS on the same day?


  2. #2
    Light Load Member sw6g's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked: 4 Times
    Where are you from?

  3. #3
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Trucker?
    WannaBe
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 0 Times
    I live down in Zanesville Ohio

  4. #4
    Light Load Member sw6g's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked: 4 Times
    I live by TDDS I thought you might of been local

  5. #5
    Medium Load Member
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USA
    Trucker?
    5 Years
    Posts
    647
    Thanks
    841
    Thanked: 266 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by sw6g View Post
    I live by TDDS I thought you might of been local
    Me too. I forgot how close I lives to TDDS until I pased them heading to Nelson's ledges with my nephew. I will be interested in following some posts on the school. Wonder what they pay instructors.

  6. #6
    Medium Load Member Green Machine's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Trucker?
    3 Years
    Age
    26
    Posts
    616
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked: 174 Times
    I'm reminded how close they are to me when I see them drive through my little town lol...

  7. #7
    Medium Load Member
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USA
    Trucker?
    5 Years
    Posts
    647
    Thanks
    841
    Thanked: 266 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
    I'm reminded how close they are to me when I see them drive through my little town lol...
    Lol, li thought one of the students was going to roll back over my pickup truck over by rattle snake hill sporting goods. I thought I left plenty of room between us, he/she finally figured out the clutch. . Sure brought back memories from my schooling days, and yet now its second nature. I don't roll backwards except in reverse. I think there is another school over by Canton.

  8. #8
    Bobtail Member Alwayswillingtolearn's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2012
    Location
    Westerville, Ohio
    Trucker?
    Student
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Starting fifth week at TDDS and doing fine so far. I Have my permit and various endorsements - still deciding whether or not getting a Hazmat endorsement will be worth my while. I'm not real keen on hauling hazmat stuff - at least in amounts that need placarding. The school seems alright if not a bit long considering that half the week is spent in training and the other half you are doing nothing (you are "off" in other words) and for the next six weeks I'll be training only three days out of seven!
    It doesn'y quite seem enough time to learn and get practice, especially since I'm sharing time BTW with two other students in the truck.

  9. #9
    Medium Load Member
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USA
    Trucker?
    5 Years
    Posts
    647
    Thanks
    841
    Thanked: 266 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwayswillingtolearn View Post
    Starting fifth week at TDDS and doing fine so far. I Have my permit and various endorsements - still deciding whether or not getting a Hazmat endorsement will be worth my while. I'm not real keen on hauling hazmat stuff - at least in amounts that need placarding. The school seems alright if not a bit long considering that half the week is spent in training and the other half you are doing nothing (you are "off" in other words) and for the next six weeks I'll be training only three days out of seven!
    It doesn'y quite seem enough time to learn and get practice, especially since I'm sharing time BTW with two other students in the truck.
    Hauling hazmat isn't a big ordeal honestly! I would get the endorsement unless you plan to pull flatbed and even some flatbed loads are placarded. Some like my old man refuse to get their hazmat, but I make more than him. Food grade tanker and pneumatic bulk are rarely hazmat as well. Just my 2 cents. I don't mind hazmat, but I make sure the paper work is right, the placards are correct, etc.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to crb For This Useful Post:


  11. #10
    Bobtail Member Alwayswillingtolearn's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2012
    Location
    Westerville, Ohio
    Trucker?
    Student
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks CRB, and I probably will take the test and get the endorsement, but I still think I'll be giving some hard thought to whether I want to haul Hazmat. As one trucker told me "You'll be a target for DOT fer sure."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •