Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61
  1. #51
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Trucker?
    8 Years
    Posts
    157
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked: 48 Times
    warning........warning........ if you are thinking of going to a school in another state and will switch your license to that state and back again to your home state ask one all important question..........who will be doing the testing in the state where you are going? If it is being done by people/employees of the school and not actual DMV personnel think long and hard. Many schools using so called third party testers are having those licenses issued through such schools invalidated. Check into the mess going on due to Swift's Millington, Tn school and their use of third party testers. They no longer use them and now have you report to school with your commercial permit and you go home to your state to take your test and obtain your CDL-A. This can cause your license to be suspended or revoked even years later when they are busted for not following all procedures to the letter. Even if they did on yours.


  2. #52
    Bobtail Member 1lownismo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Langhorne,Pa
    Trucker?
    2 Years
    Age
    42
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 3 Times
    I think I am grown by the way I am just going by her story saying she slept in the car surrounded by truckers as for needing a hot girlo to solve my problems hmmm didnt know i had any....As for third party testers I know C1 in indy uses a CDL testing firm who did most of the state cdl testing. Including school bus drivers. I know drivers solutions uses other companies and when you get to the school they will tell you that they want to get paid so they will place you with a long list of companies whoever will take you basically. I know on the list was pam,star,usa and then they said they had several others that werent shown to anyone.

  3. #53
    Road Train Member road dust's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,083
    Thanks
    565
    Thanked: 389 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1lownismo View Post
    I think I am grown by the way I am just going by her story saying she slept in the car surrounded by truckers as for needing a hot girlo to solve my problems hmmm didnt know i had any....As for third party testers I know C1 in indy uses a CDL testing firm who did most of the state cdl testing. Including school bus drivers. I know drivers solutions uses other companies and when you get to the school they will tell you that they want to get paid so they will place you with a long list of companies whoever will take you basically. I know on the list was pam,star,usa and then they said they had several others that werent shown to anyone.
    I apologize for saying that. It just kinda struck me wrong at the time.

  4. #54
    Bobtail Member pandapowerz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Trucker?
    WannaBe
    Age
    39
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked: 8 Times
    I'm curious, if neither PAM or USA pick you up within a reasonable time, can you apply to other trucking companies and pay back the loan driver solutions gave for CDL training?

  5. #55
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked: 7 Times

    Driver Solutions

    Has anyone had any dealings with " Driver Solutions " and are they a reputable place to go. My wife and I are both to go get our CDL's with them and have been told we have a job after we graduate school in Little Rock. It's happening so fast that I am having a hard time believing it all. The pay is not great but I am assuming that our 1rst year is the "Shut up and Drive " year. Thanks for any input.

  6. #56
    Bobtail Member 1lownismo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Langhorne,Pa
    Trucker?
    2 Years
    Age
    42
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 3 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by pandapowerz View Post
    I'm curious, if neither PAM or USA pick you up within a reasonable time, can you apply to other trucking companies and pay back the loan driver solutions gave for CDL training?


    As long as they arent part of the group C1 has. Once they lock you in they have to change you or nobody will pick you up. Only some companies pay back schools because some have their own training. This happened to me a long time ago I waited nearly a month calling the school and everything while you are there they tell you how they will help call them blah blah blah. I called so many times while I was waiting I knew the number by heart. But the main problem I had was you sign a contract to pay them and everything but you dont get picked up. They also place you which doesnt mean you have a job. So they want the money when you leave well I told them I would talk to a lawyer cause they wanted money for services yet didnt fulfill my end as I was sitting at home. a few days later I was on a truck.

  7. #57
    Bobtail Member 1lownismo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Langhorne,Pa
    Trucker?
    2 Years
    Age
    42
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 3 Times
    double post

  8. #58
    Bobtail Member 1lownismo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Langhorne,Pa
    Trucker?
    2 Years
    Age
    42
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 3 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by hend1048 View Post
    Has anyone had any dealings with " Driver Solutions " and are they a reputable place to go. My wife and I are both to go get our CDL's with them and have been told we have a job after we graduate school in Little Rock. It's happening so fast that I am having a hard time believing it all. The pay is not great but I am assuming that our 1rst year is the "Shut up and Drive " year. Thanks for any input.
    Thats what they say but it isnt full proof. They do all kinds of back ground checks so everything for the last ten years has to be accurate. the first 2 days you get subject to hearing,vision,blood pressure,and physical so make sure you are healthy or they will send you home. If they find anything out in the job history they dont like they send you home. once you pass that then its up to the company to accept you then you must pass the driving test. as for your first year you make nothing now if you drive as a team you might make some money but solo your first year good luck.
    As for little rock thats a dirt lot with a portable office on site. I would goto indy anyday. Plus I heard little rock they take you somewhere else to get you cdl testing its not onsite and I heard it wasnt close.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to 1lownismo For This Useful Post:


  10. #59
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Trucker?
    1 Year
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked: 12 Times

    Driver Solutions ok?

    I just hung up with Driver Solutions.
    THey have a 19 day program, after which you are supposed to have your CDL, and go to work for Pam Trucking at about .17 CPM as a team driver (with a partner).
    I am going to find out if TWC pays the tuition for this school, so I dont have a 12 month contract, if so then I'm ok with this school - UNLESS you experts tell me the Ft. Worth school has delapidated trucks and it sucks.

    What do the experts think? I am new to trucking, dont have a CDL, and am JUST starting to find out about it.

    Thank you in advance, if I cant be a great driver, I wont do it.

  11. #60
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    May 2010
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked: 8 Times
    I went to c1 in Indy. I am hired on with USA Truck. My experience was pretty good. The instructors were great but the trucks are kinda rough. All of ours were million milers but ran fine. Just some odd kinks and annoyances. The trailrs were garbage.
    Some think c1 is a cdl mill, but i disagree. We had students on their 5th week who couldnt even back straight. They were sent home because c1 determined they just werent ready. Prosafe does the cdl testing and they are hardcore. Many had to take the test three times. I really hesitate to say c1 just hands out cdl's. You are gonna have to work for it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •