Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 64
  1. #11
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Trucker?
    8 Years
    Posts
    231
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked: 29 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Class Patriot View Post
    It's no 379 descendant....It's what happens when the engineers from Pete, KW, and Shaker, all get drunk and come up with a hideous beast of a rig.....


    Here's what happened that weekend....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18eaNSxhK5c Notice "Dean" Ray LaHood walked in on them.....

    And Warning!!!!!!
    Don't watch if your ears are sensitive and you are easily offended!!!!!!
    I don't think it's the engineers fault... I think it is just what today customers demand ?


  2. #12
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Trucker?
    8 Years
    Posts
    231
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked: 29 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by sinistar View Post
    Those are some of the ugliest trucks ever made. Gotta love that bananna yellow?! They are probably "loaded" with a nice auto and 400 hp paccar engine just to sweeten the package.
    If you look at the KW new dashboard... there is that triangle shelf for auto-tranny joystick built in...

    Quote Originally Posted by sinistar View Post
    Long live the 389 and W900
    There was something too look at... It will be #### boring ride from now on...




  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProduceHauler For This Useful Post:


  4. #13
    In Tune
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    12,585
    Thanks
    24,505
    Thanked: 23,180 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by ProduceHauler View Post
    I don't think it's the engineers fault... I think it is just what today customers demand ?
    You mean the customers are "braindead"?!!!!!!!

  5. #14
    In Tune
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    12,585
    Thanks
    24,505
    Thanked: 23,180 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by ProduceHauler View Post
    I don't think it's the engineers fault... I think it is just what today customers demand ?
    As you know...I have a 386.....I bought it for *ahem* the "Better Aerodynamics".....Right.....I still only get 3.5 mpg running up Vail...and Aeros are hard on steers....

  6. #15
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    7,985
    Thanks
    2,472
    Thanked: 4,237 Times
    starting to look like COE that someone stuck the radiator 8 feet out in front of it.

  7. #16
    Medium Load Member Oram's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Location
    WINDSOR, ON, CANADA
    Trucker?
    13 Years
    Posts
    402
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked: 144 Times
    Actually I liked booth truck. In real life the Pete looked better, but the KW clearly more aerodynamic. So I spent more time in the 680. They swore this is a brand new truck built from scratch, (they did the same with the t700 which is clearly t2000) but I believe this one is based on 660. Also they always compare to that. The difference is, the 680 officially not a replacement of any current truck. They said they will keep the whole line. Of course if one or other of the models does not sell, they will cancel it. I think in the back of their mind it will be the 660, but it is selling so strongly they do not want to pull out of the market yet. My guess, it will go for a while, because although it is an "ant eater" lot of people still like it, because it reminds for the "good ol' days". For me, this is no brainer. T680 is 10% more aerodynamic (5% better fuel economy). The one thing, the only sleeper is 76", no available the 86" studio, if somebody really needs it. As of the price, they said it will be about 5,000$ more expensive (the t700 about 2-3,000 over the t660, the t680 about 2-3,000 over the t700), because of some luxurious features. I think, they just try to have a little "new model premium".

  8. #17
    Heavy Load Member
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waynesburg, Pa
    Trucker?
    15 Years
    Age
    42
    Posts
    937
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked: 651 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by sinistar View Post
    Gotta love that bananna yellow?!


    Yep very realistic even comes with a bad black spot under the skin/hood.

  9. #18
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Trucker?
    8 Years
    Posts
    231
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked: 29 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Class Patriot View Post
    As you know...I have a 386.....I bought it for *ahem* the "Better Aerodynamics".....Right.....I still only get 3.5 mpg running up Vail...and Aeros are hard on steers....
    386 was very smart move on part of Peterbilt - they addressed thousands of old skoolers worried about profitability by hitting the nail right on their grey haired heads. And 579 is going to do exactly same thing...

    When comes to aerodynamic advantages - you gotta drive fast against winds to see the mpg difference. You won't see it in CA. Steers? 200,000 miles is norm on my aero, you got something going wrong or you are doing too much local work with tight maneuvers

  10. #19
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Trucker?
    8 Years
    Posts
    231
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked: 29 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oram View Post
    Actually I liked booth truck. In real life the Pete looked better, but the KW clearly more aerodynamic. So I spent more time in the 680. They swore this is a brand new truck built from scratch, (they did the same with the t700 which is clearly t2000) but I believe this one is based on 660. Also they always compare to that. The difference is, the 680 officially not a replacement of any current truck. They said they will keep the whole line. Of course if one or other of the models does not sell, they will cancel it. I think in the back of their mind it will be the 660, but it is selling so strongly they do not want to pull out of the market yet. My guess, it will go for a while, because although it is an "ant eater" lot of people still like it, because it reminds for the "good ol' days". For me, this is no brainer. T680 is 10% more aerodynamic (5% better fuel economy). The one thing, the only sleeper is 76", no available the 86" studio, if somebody really needs it. As of the price, they said it will be about 5,000$ more expensive (the t700 about 2-3,000 over the t660, the t680 about 2-3,000 over the t700), because of some luxurious features. I think, they just try to have a little "new model premium".
    When they do new cab shell - I think they have every right to call it totally new truck, especially with that sleeper nobody ever seen before. From what you are saying it is new flagship... and it looks like it's ahead of 587. It does not mean much, because everyone who will buy it must be an idiot - but only thanks to the unreliable motors, the rest is just sweet gift wraps my wife is using for packaging - they sure help building the charm

  11. #20
    In Tune
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    12,585
    Thanks
    24,505
    Thanked: 23,180 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by ProduceHauler View Post
    386 was very smart move on part of Peterbilt - they addressed thousands of old skoolers worried about profitability by hitting the nail right on their grey haired heads. And 579 is going to do exactly same thing...

    When comes to aerodynamic advantages - you gotta drive fast against winds to see the mpg difference. You won't see it in CA. Steers? 200,000 miles is norm on my aero, you got something going wrong or you are doing too much local work with tight maneuvers
    I have had the front end checked out...Nothing wrong with alignment or the camber....The bearings (torque) are to spec....I have Bridgestone 280's and they wear for sheyat...

    I have been told that since my front end is not biased for the road crown...That could be the problem?....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast