Job Location: GFI Carolina - Concord, NC
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School or GED
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Road Warrior
Job Shift: Any
Job Category: Transportation
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing all pre-trip responsibilities including: checking route numbers and account numbers for assigned deliveries, counting items and checking customer invoices of products that have been loaded, and performing the "pre-trip safety check" inspection of truck and trailer according to DOT/FMCSA regulations.
- Driving to and delivering customer orders following all DOT/FMCSA, state regulations and GFI procedures and protocols
- Maintaining load temperatures according to load specifications
- Unloading products from the trailer with a hand truck or by hand and placing them in designated customer storage areas.
- Verifying delivery of items with customer and obtaining proper signatures; collecting money (cash or checks) when required; contacting management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicating all errors/returns.
- Managing backhauls according to dispatch, jurisdictional compliance, and load optimization.
- Performing all post-trip responsibilities including: unloading damaged goods and customer returns, completing necessary paperwork and turning in all funds collected daily, performing the safety check on the vehicle, parking and securing the vehicle.
- Exceeding customer service expectations while handling any customer complaints professionally.
- Reporting accidents and injuries and any damage to equipment immediately.
- Attending all required company meetings.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Push/pull up to 75 lbs. Ascend and descend a step with a height of 17 in. from floor and ascend and descend 3 rungs of ladder, the first rung at 21 in. from the ground.