BEACON BUILDING PRODUCTS is HIRING - We want YOU to consider US Currently seeking Local CDL A or B Driver in Austin (North Lamar Blvd -- Location), TXHome Every Night, off on Weekends!!! $5,000.00 Sign-on Bonus
As a full-time Driver at Beacon, you'll work close to home and have your nights and weekends free.
You'll travel locally to deliver building materials to our customers, while adhering to and understanding safety policies and regulations.
A clean driving record and top-notch customer service skills are a must! Experienced, safety conscious, and customer-focused drivers encouraged to apply!
What can I expect?
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Potential for Overtime
- Paid Time Off Plus Holidays
- Potential for training and certifications on an as needed basis
What will my day-to-day look like?
- Pre-inspect truck, load with materials and verify load for accuracy
- Set up job perimeters, inspect site to ensure a safe environment to unload
- Guide helper to ensure safe unloading
- Communicate regularly with dispatcher to ensure timely product delivery at job site
- Communicate potential on-site hazards to branch management
- Keep logbook up-to-date at all times
- Adhere to and understand safety policies and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- CDL Class A driver license in good standing
- Drivers must be 21 years of age or older
- Should be comfortable driving a manual transmission truck and operate heavy equipment for unloading
- Must be able to lift 75+ lbs as necessary
- Operate a Forklift or Moffett.
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions
- The ideal candidate will always put safety first and will always wear appropriate PPE
- Should prefer working in a team environment but be comfortable working on independent tasks
- Experience handling building materials
- Forklift Experience
- Knuckle Boom and/or Moffett experience highly preferred
- Prefer 12 months of prior and verifiable commercial driving experience
Job Type: Full-time
“Our goal at Beacon is to cultivate an environment where all ideas are welcomed, and all our people feel empowered.”