CDL Drivers set your GPS and take the road to success with Beacon!Drive your way to a new career!
As a full-time Driver at Beacon, you'll work close to home and have your nights free.
You'll travel locally to deliver building materials to our customers, while adhering to and understanding safety policies and regulations.
A clean driving record and top-notch customer service skills are a must!Experienced, safety conscious, and customer-focused drivers encouraged to apply!
***Sign On Bonus***
We're looking for experienced Truck Drivers with their CDL A or B driver license to join our team. What can I expect?
What will my day-to-day look like?
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Potential for Overtime
- Paid Time Off Plus Holidays
- Potential for training and certifications on an as needed basis
What are the requirements?
- Pre-inspect truck, load with materials and verify load for accuracy
- Set up job perimeters, inspect site to ensure a safe environment to unload
- Unload truck at siteand operation of heavy equipment
- Communicate regularly with dispatcher to ensure timely product delivery at job site
- Communicate potential on-site hazards to branch management
- Adhere to and understand safety policies and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- CDLClass A or Bdriver license in good standing
- Drivers must be 21 years of age or older
- Will need 12 months of prior and verifiable commercial driving experience
- Airbrake endorsement neededif applicable to Class B Drivers
- Must be able to lift 75+ lbs repeatedly throughout the day as we will load/unload the materials by hand and via heavy equipment
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions
- The ideal candidate will always put safety firstand will always wear appropriate PPE
- Should prefer working in a team environment but be comfortable working onindependenttasks
About Beacon: Founded in 1928, Beacon is a Fortune 500, publicly traded distributor of residential and commercial building products in North America, operating over 500 branches throughout all 50 states in the U.S. and 6 provinces in Canada. Beacon serves an extensive base of over 110,000 customers, utilizing its vast branch network and diverse service offerings to provide high-quality products and support throughout the entire business lifecycle. Beacon offers its own private label brand, TRI-BUILT, and has a proprietary digital account management suite, Beacon Pro+, which allows customers to manage their businesses online. Beacon's stock is traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol BECN. To learn more about Beacon, please visit www.becn.com
Company: 001 - NORTH DIVISION
Location: 400 Warren Avenue Portland, ME 4103, US
Employment Status: Regular
Beacon's competitive advantage
is our people and our value proposition is the differentiator. -- Christopher Harrison
Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer