‘19 prostar auto start/stop not working?

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Giggles96, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Giggles96

Giggles96 Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2018
    We got put in a 2019 prostar with the new auto start/stop system. We are fine with using this if it would work. We turn on the system, go to the sleeper and turn the air on back there, when the batteries get low it kicks on like it should but then it never shuts back down. Any advice on how to fix this? Are we doing something wrong?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The voltage criteria is 12.1 volts and the system will start. Once the voltage has been 12.7 volts or more for 70 continuous minutes, the engine will return to idle for 90 seconds and then shut down. So you need to see what the engine is seeing for voltage, and then time it.

4. Giggles96

Giggles96 Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2018
    I watch the numbers on our inverter display, it will kick on around 12.5 and then won’t shut off again. I’ll bring it up to the shop. Thanks!

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    There are some trucks with programming conflicts where the body controller is not programmed correctly to see oil temp and thinks the engine is cold all the time once the other shutdown requirements have been met, and therefore, keeps the engine running.

6. low boy

low boy Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Did you ever find out what it was? Mine is doing the same thing and they can't find the problem

7. TruckkinItUp

TruckkinItUp Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2020
    I've been going through the same thing with shop not being able to figure it out.
    Brand new gel batteries and cleaned corrosion from body control still kicking on at 12.9v and not shutting off..
    HeavyD has tried to help and its much appreciated brother.
    My shop that I use got in touch with international and they said that there are many temp sensors in oil pan and dont know which one is dedicated to autostart/stop switch..This is a real nightmare.Just spent 1600 on 4 gel batteries after they were found to have low voltage and shop is stumped with not much help from dealership.
    HeavyD do you know what sensor the autostart/stop uses?

8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    There is only one oil temp sensor in the oil pan. It screws in from the outside so you can see it and the wiring. Are you saying your oil pan has more than one sensor in it? I don't think I have seen that?

9. MadManBeavis

MadManBeavis Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2021
    Anymore updates on this?

10. MadManBeavis

MadManBeavis Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2021
    Anymore updates on this?

11. TruckkinItUp

TruckkinItUp Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2020

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.