‘Plant-Fueled Trucker’ cooks in his semi, loses 65 pounds

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by c64basic, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    It might take a few for the plant fueled ttr members respond..

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  3. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    I love beef and they eat grass so I can consider that plant fueled.

4. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    I think it's quite a statement on the quality of food that is available at truck stops. He is cutting a bunch of junk out of his intake by getting his food from the grocery store and cooking from scratch. You probably don't even have to be vegan to get a similar effect. Just take control of your food and fix your own meals. You'll be light years ahead of folks who eat whatever's convenient day after day.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    KB3MMX, Vilhiem and Cottonmouth85 Thank this.
  5. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain so that I could eat salad...just saying.

I eat fresh meats, veggies, and fruit every day with just a crock pot and a microwave I eat most of my meals in the truck...lost about 30 pounds when I first started doing it...minding my portions...Criminy Jade is correct

Criminey Jade Thanks this.
  6. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    If I lost 65 pounds no one would see me, I'd be dust in wind, the slightest gust would be a nightmare.

Straight Stacks and Vilhiem Thank this.
  7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Definitly true. When I first moved away from home I ate McDonald's about once every day for a year. I'm 5' 8" and held steady at 220 lbs. I cut off all fast food and switched primarily to drinking only water and cooking fresh foods. I dropped almost 40 lbs in 3 months with no change to my physical activity level.

8. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    The magic of plant based diet is Meats and processed food are calorie dense. And vegetables are not, so by volume you can eat as much veggies as you want to equal the calories in a couple chicken nuggets. And with all that fiber you won't have time to read stuff written on bathroom walls.

Criminey Jade Thanks this.
  9. AndrewH

AndrewH Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Gulf Coast
    I'm "vegan" lol go "vegans"!

It's not that bad really. I'm just glad my wife hooks up all these cool "vegan" dishes.. I mean I can cook em too, I'm just busy doing these 14 hour days you know??

And yes, there's tons of stuff to eat.. Just not at TA/Petro and the J

WotansVolkman Thanks this.
  10. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    I would like to see truck manufacturers build, and companies buy, trucks with some real, usable creature comforts. It shouldn't be a huge issue to put a really decent sized refrigerator, a one or 2 burner stove with a vent fan, and a small sink with a 20 gallon reservoir in a standard 72 inch sleeper. Then we could make some decent food, without having to rely on a microwave or a propane grill on the dirty ground next to the truck. Vegan or not, it's kind of a pain in the rear to cook in a truck. For one, it's really hard to keep pans and utensils clean enough.

KB3MMX and cuzzin it Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.