01 gmc topkick 3126b cat

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by nathan2002, Jun 29, 2022.

1. nathan2002

nathan2002 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2022
    We can start the day at 5am by 2 o'clock the truck will start acting like running out of fuel then shut down it won't crank you can take the line off to the tank it will have a lot of air put it back on it will do it all over again we've changed the hole fuel system the cat man came out put a computer on it he said it's the heuy pump witch we changed that before we called him he replaced it and ran all new fuel line we already changed it still did the same thing even the run fuse gets really hot when it acts up can someone please help if anyone know what it is email me nathan20021988@gmail.com it's got us puzzled the cat man charged us nearly 3 grand and never fixed it

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    If you have a clear fuel line on the supply line to the head does it have air in it? If yes fix that. If no put a clear line on the return from the head. Does it have air in it? If so probably bad injector cups. They can be changed with the head on the engine.
    I would be calling the Cat guys bosses bosses boss.

Big Road Skateboard Thanks this.
  4. Star Rider

Star Rider Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2019
    Michigan
    Did you have a 164-11 code? I have seen this in a few 3126s , the problem is injectors leaking oil when it warms up and the oil thins out. Easy to check, take valve cover off , then lay it back on loose , warm up engine , lift valve cover to see which injectors are spraying oil.

5. nathan2002

nathan2002 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2022
    Yes it only looked a little funny when it started acting funny but we went threw and changed all the lines again when changed tank cap it was on the pressure side I can't remember if it was from tank to filter or from filter to hand pump with filter but I think it was from tank to filter but why would it make the run fuse get hot just sitting with a high idle it would run all day

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted