03 c15 mbn trouble

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Bigrigmayo93, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Bigrigmayo93

Bigrigmayo93 Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Chicago Illinois
    Having some trouble with my 03 kw w900 with a c15 mbn. It has 770k miles. Stock 475 hp.

-First issue
    I lost power. Friday morning the turbo boost will get near 30 psi then the needle will shake like crazy. It sounded pretty loud like an air leak.
    I found a hole in the hump hose that connects to the turbo. It had a hole because it was rubbing against the intake hose so it burnt a hole in it.
    I also found cuts in the small skinny hose that connects to the wastegate actuator.
    So since i was out on the road I used duct tape to cover the holes.
    It seemed to drive normal again. It definitely sounded a lot quieter.
    So on my way back to my parking I stopped by a kw dealer & bought the two hoses. I changed them the next morning. (Saturday) I was off Sunday.
    Monday morning I go back to work thinking everything will be fine. But the truck was worse. Now the turbo boost will lag & only get to 22 psi then the needle starts shaking like crazy. It will get to 25 psi if i floor it on high rpms.
    The truck is not showing any codes. So before I start going broke & changing everything I would really appreciate any help & tips on what else to try.

-Second issue
    I’m losing coolant through the overflow hose.
    I’ve had to tighten some clamps on some radiator hoses cause they started leaking, which i thought was normal because of the weather. But I’m losing about 1/4 of a gallon of coolant a week.
    The coolant will leak on the leaf springs cause the overflow hose was right above them. I hate seeing the leak so I added more hose to the original hose to move it away & have it leak on the floor. Somehow I’m still getting a little coolant on the leaf springs so I’m assuming there’s a small leak underneath the radiator on the passenger side but I can’t see where it’s coming from since the frame of the truck is in the way.
    So I guess there’s too much pressure in my radiator. Im assuming head gasket?

Again, any help or tips would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dirthaller

dirthaller Heavy Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Coloratah
    Sounds like a reeeeealy bad head. Cracked =understatement. Did you suck a valve? Sounds like you already understand why compression could be your coolant leak culprit. But boost leaks can be caused from valve issues.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.