06 379 City Horn

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by RT Logistics, Jun 5, 2020.

1. RT Logistics

RT Logistics Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2020
    OKC, OK
    Bought a truck and cannot seem to locate the city horn. I also noticed that in the steering wheel the wire is missing as well for the button in the wheel. Where is the city horn located, anyone have any pictures of its location by chance?

Where can I get the wire, I'm guessing it's a short wire used to ground the horn, and also order a horn???? Thanks in advance!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    On my 1993 and 2001 379 city horn is located under the hood, pretty much in the middle of the firewall. Little bracket. Bracket may still be there without the attached horn. Has a plug and play plug also.

4. aaron1995

aaron1995 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2014
    If I'm not mistaken, they use sliding contacts with one(or two) springs sliding over copper/gold coated contacts on the underside of the steering wheel hub. So you need to look lower in the steering column, maybe where it starts to pivot, to see if you can find the wire and if it's loose. All the horn button does is ground the horn. If you press the horn button and hear the relay clicking, your problem is probably not in the cab, it's out by the horn on the firewall.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.