06 D12D Eaton Autoshift Fan running constantly and Air compressor cycles without drop in airpressure

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by dorlia2, Dec 10, 2017.

1. dorlia2

dorlia2 Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2012
    DOWNERS GROVE
    Fan comes on and air compressor pumps air without any pressure loss. Everything goes back to normal after engine restart (about 5 minutes off). What can trigger fan except Coolant temperature (normal), Air intake temperature (normal) AC pressure (normal). New Dryer, new governor, new Fan solenoid.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    check the blue hose by the air compressor make sure that is not leaking when the air drier is giving it signal. second make sure its not he fan control making the fan kick on have seen it a million times..

dorlia2 Thanks this.
  4. dorlia2

Apr 20, 2012
    DOWNERS GROVE
    Thanks. Thats what I am trying to figure out. What is telling the fan go on except coolant temperature AC pressure and intake temperature. I am suspecting Jlink intermittent fault but dont have the means to check it.

5. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    you dont need means to check its very simple you just need a good known part to swap it out its not only those that will make fan come on sometimes its also the actual ac and heat controller that goes bad, make sure you do not have any codes for fan clutch on engine ecu if none than next step is the controler swap.

6. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    if you can't figure it out im in carol stream stop by and i can diagnose it for you it will not be something complicated i'm pretty sure specially being that it is d12

7. dorlia2

Apr 20, 2012
    DOWNERS GROVE
    PM me your info. Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.