07 9400, Cummins ISX engine 8520 CPL Oil Pressure Issue

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by lciambotti1, Jan 6, 2021.

1. lciambotti1

lciambotti1 Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    I am having an issue with the oil pressure acting erratically. My driver called and said the pressure had dropped to 20 pounds running. He was close to a shop and it was time for a service, so I had it serviced. it seemed ok, but when he got back I noticed it bouncing around. 40 PSI cold and when I revved it up, the pressure sent to 55. warm it is usually running 35 psi give or take, but I saw it going down to 20 running. idling at 20 and sometimes down to 15. I have receipts for the truck getting a bottom end done, including a new oil pump. Anyway, I replaced the oil pressure sensor and oil filter bypass valve with the new style. No change. My cummins buddy is going to hook up a gauge manually and see what we get. He also said, in rare occasions the spring in the oil pump breaks. Then he threw possible cam bushings, which I didn't want to hear. Also hooking up the computer to see what the ecm is seeing for oil pressure. Anyone have similar issues?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    You are on the right track with all of your guesses so far. Just have to wait and see what the manual pressure gauge reads.

Heavyd Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted