'07 Columbia no in cab lights/bunk power help!

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Topcrop94, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Topcrop94

Topcrop94 Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2017
    Harvest time is frustrating enough without truck problems. Keeping it simple, My 07 Freightliner Columbia has all 12v outlets, dome light, bunk fan, and interior lights/sleeper in non working state of condition. Just about every piece of literature that I could find regarding fuses/diagrams panel relays has resulted in me posting this thread. Basically, ive Exhausted all the possibilities...at least to my understanding.

If anyone could shed some light for me, please consider in your reply the fact that I'm here to learn.

I keep a well maintained truck so frustratingly- theres no obvious causes. All fuses in the dash and behind driver seat are ok. Battery box clean and in line fuses are good. All other details i have are worthless and i need some mother trucking wisdom!! Thankyou!!!!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    IMG_1060.jpg
    Down beside the seat, under the plastic cover that houses the diagnostic connector, you'll find a connector with four small wires and a large 10 gauge wire. I'm betting the connector is melted around the 10 gauge wire that supplies the sleeper with power. Chop that wire out of the connector, crimp a butt splice on it, solder and shrink tube... You won't have any more trouble.

4. Topcrop94

Topcrop94 Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2017
    I got excited because I noticed how dirt and water collects there. Prime spot for a problem. It was a little coroded but it hasmt melted and it tested okay. Still worth a shot

lilillill Thanks this.
  5. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    check behind the middle console on the floor under cupholders behind the middle storage case should be what looks like a small amplifier this is low voltage disconnect should have two 7/16 nuts connecting bigger gauge cables take a pair of pliers and jump those two together everything should come back if it does either replace it or if not possible to get part you can connect the two cables together with a bolt and should be back in business.

6. perez05pr

perez05pr Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2010
    ohio
    i have a similar problem but everything in the bunk works except for the ac blower! i already checked everything related and no luck!

7. Rocket Racer

Rocket Racer Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Norfolk, VA

THANK YOU..!!!
    I’ve been dealing with this problem for a couple weeks, now.
    While digging into the dash I saw this flashing lite. -Why is there a “warning lite” INSIDE the dash???-
    After reading this post and investigating further...—BAM!— This fixed my problem. Thanks again @nasriza !

8. dakappa

dakappa Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2019
    the lower voltage cut off ,
    50 amp mega fuse below blower motor zip tied to a bunch of wires
    rain shorted out fuse box behind front seat one of these or combo of them

9. dakappa

dakappa Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2019
  10. dakappa

dakappa Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.