07 Volvo Cummins ISX No Acceleration

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by ercan978, Sep 7, 2018.

1. ercan978

ercan978 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Burnsville , MN
    hello everyone..i got a 07 Volvo Cummins ISX..truck is starting up but i got no acceleration and the engine brake also doesnt turn on..computer shows me check vehicle ecu datalink when i try to read codes it says operation failed..i unhook all the battery cables along with the ground cables and waited like 10 15 min..still doesnt wanna work..is there anyone with the same problem please help..i dont wanna tow the truck to a dealer or a mechanic...thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    How do you know engine brake works or does not work considering if when you press for fuel it does not give it fuel?

Throttle position sensor bad?

ercan978 Thanks this.
  4. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    I had a mercedes engine where the exhaust brake was stuck on so when you gave it throttle you got nothing.

HopeOverMope and ercan978 Thank this.
  5. ercan978

ercan978 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Burnsville , MN
    when i turn on the engine brake button its supposed to show me on screen its on..but it doesnt show me anything..

6. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Could just be a bad switch for the jake
    Is this truck new to you or have you had it for a while and both problems developed simultaneously?

7. ercan978

ercan978 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Burnsville , MN
    i ve had the truck since 2014..but whole last month i didnt drive. actually 2 years ago same thing happened while i was driving..i ve checked the cables on batteries there was one thin cable loose..i tightened them up and it worked..but now doesnt wanna work..

8. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    One thin cable sounds like ECM power. Could be throttle position sensor, could be a bad 5v reference in the ECM, could be corrosion in the ECM cables or the starter to frame ground, could be another ground. To bad ECM shops aren’t worth much of a dang for diagnosing ECM issues on 870, and up Cummins.

I sent one in recently and I wrote my symptoms down, and they said my ECM was faulting on those symptoms. How convenient!?? So, if you do send the computer in to go ECM or someone, since they claim they can fix 870,871 isx ECMs, I would write some fake symptoms down along with the real ones and see what their diagnostic machine reads. If they claim all you wrote down is bad, then you KNOW they’re faking.

baha and ercan978 Thank this.
  9. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    The fact you're getting a datalink fault and can't pull up codes makes me suspect you've got a broken CANBUS wire or a failed terminating resistor. Chances are once you correct the datalink issue everything will start working again.

gokiddogo, ercan978 and HopeOverMope Thank this.
  10. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    ercan978 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.