09 Cascadia dd15 no egr no dpf loses power

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Ashar, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Ashar

Ashar Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Hey guys new here Don’t know where to start from 09 Cascadia dd15 egr and dpf is deleted. It was doing all good butt since few days it’s giving a hard time. Loses power when accelerating hard and check engine comes on after few seconds of acceleration and power comes back As soon as the check engine goes off it loses power again It does the same on bobtail too Any advice plz Thnx

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Working2party

Working2party Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Kansas
    If it’s throwing a check engine light, then there should be a code logged, most new dashes allow you to pull the codes. Should be a ECU, SPN, & FMI/FAIL number you can get off the dash when your parked. Otherwise start with the basics, fluid levels, new fuel/air filters then start plumbing in gauges to see what’s pressures are failing you.

4. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    Electronics, check fuses and wires to ECM.

5. Ashar

Ashar Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Thnx for replying there was a code 1077 fmi 7 and the dealer checked it they said it’s the pressure limiting valve they replaced it charged 800$ and still not fixed

6. Ashar

Ashar Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Thnx I checked all the fuses didn’t find anything will take back dealer I guess. There was a code 1077 fmi7 dealer said it’s the pressure limiting valve they replaced it still not fixed

7. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    Sorry to hear it, it's just the way they're making things today, it puts you at the.mercy of the dealers. Good luck.

8. Ashar

Ashar Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2019
    fixed it was the fuel filter full of metal shavings not sure where it’s coming from. Butt I did change the fuel pump few weeks ago

9. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Supposed to change the fuel filter housing and clean fuel tanks after fuel pump failure.

10. Ashar

Ashar Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Not sure if mechanic did all that I was told for the filter only Have to see him tomorrow for the bills. Will make sure. Thnx a lot And do u knw wht can be the cause metal shavings? Thnx

11. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Internal failure of fuel pump causes the metal shavings.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.