09 Workstar Maxxforce 10, Parked Regen

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by cannoncooper, Mar 16, 2017.

1. cannoncooper

cannoncooper Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2017
    I just purchased a 2009 International Workstar with the Maxxforce 10. The truck is ex-county, has 113K miles and seems to be well maintained.

( I've never owned a truck that needed regen or def etc upgrading from a 98 GMC with 3126B)

First day with the truck left dealer and drove directly to an asphalt plant. I loaded the truck and drove to the job-site. Shortly after dumping the asphalt I noticed the regen light was on. As the sun-visor instructed I took the truck out on the highway and drove about 15-20 miles light stayed on so I pulled off to try the parked regen option. I followed the instructions as the manual says, neutral/airbrakes/press button. The button just flashed about 5 times then stops flashing like i never pressed it. I tried this a few times and nothing happened so I cut the truck off and back on and now the soot light on the dash is gone from the highway trip I figured and maybe this is why it didn't park regen because it wasn't needed. Left from there and drove back to the office after backing the truck in and shutting the truck off the light still hasn't returned. But the boss comes out and tells me to move the truck to a different spot. When I cranked the truck back up the soot light is back on so i move the truck and when I parked it I figured I'd try the parked regen again... Same thing just flashes then turns off.

Am I doing something wrong?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Ok, you really have to pay attention to the specific warning light you had. I think what you saw was the "High exhaust temp" warning light, not a "regen required" light. When you are driving the system will do automatic regens once in a while. During this time the exhaust will get hotter than normal. The high exhaust temp warning light only comes on when you are moving at less than 5 mph or stopped.

cannoncooper and 7seriestv Thank this.
  4. 7seriestv

7seriestv Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Samething I was thinking

ajduby and cannoncooper Thank this.
  5. cannoncooper

Mar 16, 2017
    Okay, I'll check the light today and report back.

Thanks guys!

7seriestv Thanks this.
  6. cannoncooper

Mar 16, 2017
    After checking today your correct it isn't the parked regen light but I'm not sure it's the temp light either, I went over to the yard just to check it out and the light was on as soon as I started the truck. The light looks like <!3. Any ideas?

7. 7seriestv

Jan 28, 2016
    Does it look like this?

Attached Files:

ajduby Thanks this.
  8. 7seriestv

Jan 28, 2016
    Wrong file post above
    Does it look like this?

Attached Files:

ajduby Thanks this.
  9. cannoncooper

Mar 16, 2017
    Sort of but instead of a small thermometer it has an exclamation point ! In its place.

<!3

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.