1 year OTR "team driver" looking for a new company in Colorado

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by OTRTruckStomper, Mar 14, 2019.

1. OTRTruckStomper

OTRTruckStomper Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Hello all I started my career with Schneider but they do not ave a terminal in colorado whichs makes my home time a pain in the ###. plus the miles are way to unpredictable im a family man that needs a steady check. I am a ter 3 driver meaning i average 630miles a day in a truck governed at 65mph. schneider was a good company to learn with but im looking for consistency in my checks.and more CPM :) I have a very good driven record before i got my CDL and after.
    I have had only 3 tickets in my life all speeding last ticket i got before my CdL was in 2007speeding 64 in a 55 no accidents ever.

In the year i have been OTR NO dot violations or preventable accidents (A swift driver hit the back of my trailer in a pilot parking lot i was parked. A teenager cut in front of my truck in LA cliped my front right tire i was stopped in traffic when she miss judge her merg into my lane.

i have to stay out 28 to 30 days at a time to pay bills my home time is only 3 days i need this to change

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jebster

Jebster Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Fairborn, Ohio
    Look at ShipEx out of SLC. They are straight salary, with a lot of bonuses available.

OTRTruckStomper and hotrod1653 Thank this.
  4. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    That’s what I was gonna say. ShipEx is probably the best option in that area.

OTRTruckStomper Thanks this.
  5. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    If you are in Colorado get on with an LTL outfit, you could be home daily and make great money. Look up Old Dominion, Estes, Saia, Xpo, FedEx, Ups Freight and yrc.

Good luck

6. OTRTruckStomper

Jul 1, 2018
    That sounds interesting do you have an idea of what they would pay salary to a one-year experienced driver

7. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    There’s a couple of ShipEx threads here on TTR, try the search engine at the top of the page.

OTRTruckStomper Thanks this.
  8. OTRTruckStomper

Jul 1, 2018
    ShipEx is reefer only??

Vic Firth Thanks this.
  9. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I've heard good things about Denny Transport but not sure if they run any teams.

10. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    I’m not sure, seems like mostly reefer. I would give them a call. Good luck

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  11. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Magnum LTD out of Fargo. It isnt CO but they run through East CO a lot, equipment is 3 years or newer. You choose your home time. 3000 miles a week is easy to grab. Good cpm, sign on bonus, and other bonuses. Mostly reefer driving pete 579s, mostly auto, using peoplenet.

Maybe worth looking into?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.