10 day course in Salt Lake to go Dedicated Walmart

Discussion in 'CR England' started by JahB, Jan 29, 2013.

1. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    Title says it all. What's the scoop on that 10 day training/orientation deal for an experienced driver? Got the offer, didn't even know I'd applied to CRE (probably wouldn't have had I known) but the dedicated job "might" work for me.

All I really know so far is they want me there on a bus by 2/3 in the evening, do ten days of "_______", pass, and I go home and start driving dedicated.

So, what are they doing? Safety meetings and an extended road test, plus a week of using me as a cheap team driver? If anyone knows about this "traning" deal (and for that matter the walmart dedicated gig) I'm interested to hear.

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jonrulerofearth

Jonrulerofearth Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Hueytown, Al
    You are experienced, and you thinking about CRE. You might need to research them a little more before hooking up with them. They are known as a BFI(bottom feeder inc). Good luck

JahB Thanks this.
  4. pokerhound67

pokerhound67 Heavy Load Member

Oct 30, 2012
    now now, be fair...1 year isnt a lifetime. but jon is right. read 100-200 reviews on cre, then make a decision as to whether or not you still want to consider them. my bet is the bad reviews will outweigh the good ones by about 50-1

JahB Thanks this.
  5. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    Yeah, I definitely have other really good irons in the fire, (inlcluding an o/o deal), and I'm aware of the CRE deal as far as that goes. It MIGHT be a little different as an experienced driver, but I have my doubts.

As I said, I didn't even know I had applied to them, they came through a "blind ad" because I was looking for local work in Phoenix or a couple of SoCal turns a week out there, because my wife's health, and my 10 yr old daughter require more of my attention, and I don't get to stay here in the oilfield anymore. Much as I enjoy it.

If anything, this thing is just in the unlikely case that nothing else turns up that works before I need to see a paycheck. I still want to know more, just in case.

I know about CRE. I've been around a while. I know, I know. lol
    So anything about the 10 day "school" in SLC they want to pay me burger money for, and/or the Walmart dedicated jobs, and that would be great. Who knows.. someone else may want to know too.

Thanks again!

It's more than a year... who can be bothered to update their profile?

6. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    I have had 10 day refresher students before and its mostly Qualcomm usage and just going over the training modules. My last 10 day or STT was for the northern California Walmart dedicated.

7. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    Thanks. ok that's simple enough, so the guy spends all 10 days with a "trainer", or a few at SLC and then out?

8. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    All 10 days with the trainer maybe more. If the trainer is OTR, regional, dedicated then you will not see home at all for those 10-14 days.

JahB Thanks this.
  9. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    Anyone working a Walmart 24/7 dedicated account with CRE?

10. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    Well, I got the invitation to come to Salt LAke for the 4 days, starting the second week of the month, then 10 days with a trainer and off to the dedicated location. I have a week to see if I can find a better local gig. I wouldn't mind this one too much, but it's 50 minutes each way, and 24/7 scheduling, and only around 1800 - 2000 miles a week plus $10 per stop pay. Teeeny weeeeny little beans - who are they kidding? Really?

I can afford to work for those peanuts for a while, but it won't make me feel appreciated or properly compensated for my work. It's just a job. It will do if it's a pinch. I HAVE to go local/dedicated. Wish me luck finding a better gig. I'm thinking of just buying a used truck and doing LA and SD turns instead. Probably wouldn't make a lot more, but I'd feel better about it at the end of the day.

NavigatorWife and JRut Thank this.
  11. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I cant see going out with a trainer at all, if youve got a couple of years... There recruiter called me about being a trainer for them. She claimed it was 4 day orientation, then off in my own truck with a noob. Pepsi sounds better 19.75 to start, 60 to 70 hour week overtime over 40/8. Off every sunday. And no trainee.

JahB and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.