10 Months Later In Trucking"Question for the Community"

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Seattle206, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Seattle206

Seattle206 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Okay folks its been 10 months later and I drive for Halliburton Tankers / Cement.... Things in our area has slowed down and Ive been told its an Election Cycle. Like the Job and everything; but I'm also wise enough to know too cover my rear/flank.

Whats out there right now that someone with my experience could do if It were necessary to move on. So I would like to know what the general census is from you guys. It helped me alot to get where I'm at today.

10 Months of Driving/ Moving 2-4inch thick Iron at 110 hrs a week at times has been good to the pockets... Just was wondering what else is out there if anyone could chime in if I have enough experience now that would be great...

Thanks...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cobra67y20

Cobra67y20 Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Oviedo, Fl
    There is a post that talks about work in the oil fields for drivers in Texas. Type Texas oil in the search column

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  4. bryanrutledge

bryanrutledge Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    snellville ga
    ive been in the plumbing bussiness for 24 years and it has always slowed down in construction around election time. peapole are waiting to see whats going to happen before they spend money. just hope the right one gets in there. not trying to get political are anything but ive had enough change.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Tanker/hazmat usually stay busy year round & pay is good.
    Try Google: tanker trucking jobs Seattle, WA

6. Gottago

Gottago Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Burnet, Texas
    I guess I missed something, you have 10 months total driving exp. and you drive for halli in the tanker/cement div. but you have hauled steel plate as well. Either way I can tell you here in Tx and in N.D. bulk trlr drivers pneumatics are knocking it down, They are everywhere here outside of Austin. They offered me 30% of the load, leave late sunday/early mon. get home tuesday am, leave wed.am get home thurs. am, leave fri. am get home sat. am and bring home $1100.00 to $1250.00 after tax a week. Not a bad deal. Of course you may be used to more $ than that but sure cover your butt now, have a plan, any one of us could be walkin tomorrow you never know. Good luck

7. Seattle206

Oct 17, 2011
    Let me clarify for you a little bit; we move cement; I have all the endorsements. The Job also requires us to Rig up the Iron to the Well head and hoses. Being water and mud or just water; but we rig up to the well head with 2inch thick Iron and some times manifolds depending on the job. Our district covers Oklahoma Kansas and North of Amarillo TX for the state of TX also parts of New Mexico.

8. Gottago

Aug 28, 2012
    Burnet, Texas
    Well that opens up your options a little. Even with all the endorsements it might still be hard to get on with a co. willing to pay you what you are worth which is quite a bit it seems. Unfortunatly otr/driving exp is what they look at not endorsements. Heck you could pull a vacuum trlr a bulk, a flat or stepdeck, really if it were me with less than a year but with skills I would choose what I would want to do most then start researching to see if it pays you the minimum you can live with. Once you get a year to a year and a half it opens up, 3 years the sky is the limits, when I hit 10 verifiable they were chasing me, well not a lot but with your rough environment skills in a dangerous field you shouldn't have a problem coming up with a back up plan, hopefully you won't need it. Be glad, you are actually ahead of most other drivers with the same time driving. Good luck.

Seattle206 Thanks this.
  9. Seattle206

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah your right :) now I think about it...

Transport aka Tanker with baffles

Custom Tankers Long and short

Flat Bed every once in a while....

pneumatic trailers

Overweight Vehicles ....

Wow didn't think about all those experience points there... Well thanks; yeah I hope I don't have to; but I need to keep a back up plan seeing as though I just moved my family down here to TX 3 months ago... Thanks for the advice....

10. Gottago

Aug 28, 2012
    Burnet, Texas
    No problem... with what you have done if you word it creatively, don't lie but be creative you probably qualify to pull way more than me and I've been driving for years. Welcome to Tx. Hope it's good to you and your family. I know I enjoyed Ft. Lewis for a while but it rained 28 days straight. Was glad to get out of there!

11. newtrucker2

newtrucker2 Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2012
    hallettsville,texas
    you should be able to get a job hauling crude oil or water in the eagle ford shale area in SE texas jobs pay very well.I haul crude oil we do 12hr. shifts and make $360 a day working 4-1 right now

Seattle206 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.