$1000 Cash Reward. A fellow driver needs our help.

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Cattleman84, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    This absolutely horrified me. I live with in 30 mins of where this occurred. As I'm a local I have always knew it was best to avoid the Indian Reservation after dark, but I have stopped at this and other truck stops on the reservation to eat or use the restroom. Please drivers avoid these stops for more than just a quick stop. There are better options within 20 mins both north and south.

Trucking company offers $1,000 reward to catch man who severely battered truck driver

Oxbow, Bud A., Oldironfan and 8 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Wow I hope he has a speedy recovery!!!
    Hope they catch whoever did this.

On a lighter note while reading the story I pictured that Indian from the Creepshow.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I guess it's time to break out the old strap and binder defense.

Number two, if you gonna gamble be moving down the roads violations in ELD be ######.

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    "In the future I'm going to carry a gun to protect myself"

How would the gun have helped him in this scenario? By the time he was awake the attacker was in control of the truck.

6. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Great I just started a run that takes me through there weekly. I stayed at that truck stop Sunday night. Guess that won't be happening again.

Bud A., Lepton1, Oldironfan and 7 others Thank this.
  7. Woodys

Woodys Heavy Load Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Yeah. I've never been too worried about intruders in the truck because I am a super light sleeper in the truck. When I'm at the house, I can sleep through a tornado. But in the truck, I'll wake up to any strange noise.

Sad thing when a hard working man away from his family gets preyed on. Not much you can do in that situation besides fight back.

Bud A., mjd4277, Dave_in_AZ and 5 others Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    When I woke up one day in Jackson TN My spouse was in a ball in front of the pax seat, the invader was climbing across the drivers seat, not caring if the whole world saw it going down at the fuel line etc.

Having to wake up from what I considered paradise to flip into a state that is absolutely not and dead serious to end this, it was a large weight to move in a hurry. The attack got stopped. IT could have been easily a justified murder right there.

When people think they can sleep and something wakes them up, they already lost. All I can say is that I hope you make the decisions you need to make and get this fixed one way or another.

To this day I can remember some places around the USA such as downtown East St Louis in which Sleep is a liability to the extent that you did not sleep at all. IF you wanted to keep your #### in order you stayed up.

Bud A., 91B20H8, Oldironfan and 3 others Thank this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You need a way to lock the doors together from the inside. A chain that locks to one door then run it across to the other door.

Omega1, tommymonza, mtoo and 8 others Thank this.
  10. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Well I would offer advice on how to catch these criminals, but the [edited because people panties get twisted when you call them out] don't like hearing the cold hard facts of how you deal with animals.

You {edited again so the snowflakes that be don't have their sensibilities offended}.

You place the head on a pike afterwards as a warning to other criminals.

11. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    Wow that’s crazy I run through there twice a week but never stop at that truck stop. Hopefully they catch the person responsible

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.