$1000 Cash Reward. A fellow driver needs our help.

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Cattleman84, Oct 16, 2018.

1. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    With some of the comments posted on the news article, it sounds like criminals are the thing in that area, and the police don't bother following up and catching them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    It has been posted on here in the past about using your seatbelt through the handle of the door and locking it into the buckle to keep out intruders. It would be something to try out and see if it would help keep an intruder from getting in.

Lepton1, Coover, Oldironfan and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Its the reservation... I wont get to much into details cause I dont want the mods all over me about it. But basically the local law enforcement from the counties and state have no jurisdiction. The only options are the Fort Hall Indian Tribal Police, and the FBI. If this had happened just 15 minutes either north or south (outside the reservation boundaries) there would have been a much better investigation.

Oxbow, Bud A., BoostedTeg and 6 others Thank this.
  5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Which tribe?

Oxbow, wore out and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  6. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho

Shoshone-Bannock

Commonly referred to as "ShoBan" here locally, by both natives and non.

Oxbow, Lepton1, wore out and 4 others Thank this.
  7. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    If he kept it out in plain sight, it wouldn't. If he kept it hidden...under his pillow, between the mattress and the wall, etc...then the attacker wouldn't know it was there. While the attacker is focused on beating your head, your hand reaches for it, shoves it into his gut or under his chin, and then squeezes the trigger repeatedly. Revolvers are perfect for this. Some semi-autos just don't like to be pressed into your target.

tinytim Thanks this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I'm thinking not a random attack.

For someone to rip the door, door handle off the truck, and if it was a large man, I think that's more than enough to wake up most people, cause the truck is going to be rocking.

He played a few hours of blackjack, but omitted the part about 5 or 6 Jack Daniels.

That dude watched him, waited for him, or someone did, then told the attacker.

Old man put up a good defense though. Getting hit hard enough to break your nose is a good whack.

Getting your cheek bones broken can be life threatening, and your bell is definitely ringing.

Good thing he kept his head, or he'd probably be dead.

The ball cap is a dead give away. Guarantee some of the locals know exactly who did this.

Plus the guys hands would be bruised and cut.

Bud A., Lepton1, Cattleman84 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    It’s on the Rez, investigation is probably already over with. The guy that did it was probably so-and-so’s cousin and they can’t lock him up so let’s just sweep it under the rug and forget about it.

Same thing happens back home in SD all the time. Native American gets in some trouble in Rapid City and runs back to Pine Ridge where only the tribal cops can arrest him.

10. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    This all reminds of that Netflix series.
    "Longmire" to a T like someone was reenacting it.
    But that was the Absoraka, MT story line.
    Bit filmed in new Mexico.

Blackshack46, Bud A. and Rugerfan Thank this.
  11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    That’s kind of my initial take, too. Gotta be more to the story than some random attack with no apparent robbery motive.

12. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    I am guessing the attacker was in the room where the gaming was happening. The robber figured for easy money. Or even they were one of the players. Sore that they lost to the truck driver.

Tho I cant help but wonder why the driver didnt tie his doors shut.

Bud A. and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.